cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Power light flashing

We have had our box for not even a week and we found the white (power) light keeps flashing, we have tried to re set the box but nothing works.. the light just keep flashing... please help! Thank you in advance 🙂

87 REPLIES 87
Anonymous User
Not applicable
@Flib

Often the blinking white light is telling you there is a network problem so it is likely it wasn't connects before you pushed the pun in. Check your routers WiFi is switched on, restart the router. Ensure you don't have cordless phones next to the router, they can cause interference. check if other devices can connect ok and make sure nobody un your home changed WiFi password etc. If you still have problems try using an ethernet cable instead.

Also the boxes can sometimes be funny at finding the wireless network if they are a few others in your area. If it doesn't show up in the list just keep rescanning until it does.
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User

Hi Guys

Just one small idea, check if your modem/router is still broadcasting it's SSID.  The simple reason is that some equipment don't respond well if the SSID is switched off or, for some reason, can no longer be accessed.

In the past, I've switched off my SSID for security reasons but quickly had to switch it back on again when family members started to "jump up and down" because they could no longer get onto the Internet.

Hope this helps.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So embarrassing I have tried all of your suggestions - I just needed to remember password is case sensitive. 

Thanks for all your help

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Hehe, just glad you got it sorted 🙂

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User

Not to worry Flib, we all get those senior moments.

Smiley01.jpg

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yep good point, if your SSID is hidden from broadcast the box defiantly won't find it when it scans and you have to type name in manually as well as password or unhide it.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

What does it mean when the white light on the front of the box is flashing?

Currently when  set the TV to the correct HDMI channel is says that there is no signal and the light on the box is flashing. Have tried holding in the reset button, a different HDMI port, a different TV, a different cable and a reset of the router but nothing seems to be working. The box is only a couple of days old and was working yesterday!

Does anyone have any other suggestions before I take the box back?

Dave

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Hello 🙂

A flashing light is usually a network connection problem. Since you reset the router, is it possible for you to try a wired connection? (If you are using wireless.) 

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

Thanks for coming back to me. 

I dont have a wire to hand but will try and source one and let you know. 

The box won't hard reset. Have held the button in for up to a couple of minutes and nothing happens. 

Dave

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User are you getting the home screen at all? If you are, you can do a hard reset under "settings".

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂