cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Power light flashing

We have had our box for not even a week and we found the white (power) light keeps flashing, we have tried to re set the box but nothing works.. the light just keep flashing... please help! Thank you in advance 🙂

87 REPLIES 87
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy happy new year to you too.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

Wonder if anyone can offer some advice. I was watching catch up last week but yesterday when I turned on the box I get nothing at all. The TV screen is black. I've unplugged box and router  and when that didn't work I put a paper clip into the reset hole and it's still not working.  The white light at the front is flashing. Any help please ?.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

If the screen is blank with no picture or writing at all this may be the HDMI. A few things to check

1. Is the correct source channel chosen i.e HDMI 1 or HDMI 2

2. Can you reboot the box and TV together by also removing the HDMI lead from both ends and putting back in and turning each device back on.

3. Try a different HDMI lead to see if you get a picture then.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Eddie

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Eddie

Thanks for replying. I have tried the reboot and taking out the hdmi cable but it's still not working. At the moment I don't have another hdmi cable to try. I will purchase one as soon as possible and try that.

Once again thank you for your help.

Bren2

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Eddie

I bought a new cable but I still just have a black screen. Have you any other ideas I can try please.

Thanks

Bren2

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Hi,

If you've tried all the steps that @Anonymous User has suggested, I would think that your NowTV black box has died? If the box is under 12 months old and you've still got the receipt, you should be able to get a replacement if it was the fault of the equipment. There are some good deals on those box's at the moment. Plus with the free Entertainment/Cinema pass you also get, it pays for the box. (Argos and Currys etc)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Thanks shootz

Unfortunately guarantee just expired at the end of December. Will have a look at the shops you have recommended.

Thanks again

bren2

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Guys. I've  discovered that although the Now box doesn't work on my main tv it works on the small bedroom tv. Why is that ?. I daren' buy a new box for the main tv incase the same thing happens. On the main tv nothing happens at all, just the black screen. Any help appreciated. Thank yoy.