cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Possible To use Two Boxes On Different Remote Control Frequencies ?

I have two televisions in a room , the small one is my favourite and i use it connected to Now tv by HDMI etc. I also have a larger set nearby and would like to watch Now tv on this one too without having too change the HDMI leads between the televisions.

I do have two black boxes but obviously if I try to go out of standby both boxes turn on etc.

Is their a solution to this, would an HDMI splitter cable work and would it degrade the picture quality ?

2 REPLIES 2
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If a have read you post correctly you have two televisions and two nowtv boxes in the same room and each of the boxes is connected via HDMI to it's respective television, where the problem lies that using either box with the remote interferes with the other box ?

Should that be the case and you don't want to faff around disconnecting the power to the box not in use, then maybe if you own a smartphone download the free Roku Remote Controller App on your phone and use your smartphone has the remote where in the Roku App you can choose which box to operate.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

People have this problem with 2 YouView boxes in the same room, and the low-tech solution is to drape a black cloth over the one you don’t want affected by the remote.

Obviously, @schnapps solution is more high tech, but if these boxes use an IR remote thé black cloth can be quite effective, if you only want one box on the go at a time; just move the cloth.

The Sticks, and possibly the current 4K black boxes, use RF remotes, each of which you can pair with the device you want it to control, so it doesn’t affect the others.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.