cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Pluto tv

Loaded the Pluto app to the Now stick on my main tv, and it works fine with no problems, but on my other tv which uses a Now black box, although the app loads, it won't open. Is there a problem with it working on sticks but not on boxes. I have checked that my box has the latest version of software loaded.

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I am guessing you have tried removing the Pluto App and add it again from your NOW box Apps Store, even if the version number is identical to the one on your Stick.

I don't use my NOW black box anymore to test out the Pluto App on it.

What happens if you temporary locate the NOW box on the television that is working on the NOW Stick ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Schnapps. You're right to assume that I had tried remove/re-install the Pluto app. I've checked the software version on both stick and box both have the latest version (10.03) the only differerence is that the stick has build 4091-56, whereas the box has 4091-10. I don't know what the significance of the build no. is, but I ran update again and it didn't change.

I removed the stick from the tv and replaced it with the box to no avail, as when I try to use the Pluto app, a Pluto 'page' appears, stays on for a few seconds, and then throws me back to the 'my apps' page. Therefore I don't think it's a problem with the Now device/tv combination.

I then tried removing the Pluto app again, switching off mains power to both the tv and Now box, re-powering both, and re-installing the app. Still doesn't work.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Perhaps another forum member who uses the older NOW black box can confirm if the Pluto App is running on their box without issues and if so can confirm the firmware version they are using on the App.

Only things i can suggest in the meantime (shot in the dark) is to try a reboot on your Router (even if the Stick is working fine) or a full factory reset on your box if you have already forced a software update on the box.

You could also drop Pluto TV UK an email from the link below to see if they are aware of a problem with their App on the NOW black box.

https://www.eu-landing.corp.pluto.tv/contact 

BTW - Pluto TV works fine on my NOW 4K box over Ethernet where i just tried it (Pluto App version 5.11 build 8 and my NOW 4K box is currently running 10.0.3 build 4091-68).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for that, I'll try Pluto and if I get anywhere with them. I'll post on here.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I have just dusted the cobwebs off my old NOW box and tried the Pluto App on the older NOW OS version 9.4.3 software and older build number 7 on the Pluto TV App which runs perfectly.

Once i have managed to update both the NOW OS to version 10.0.3 and the newer build on the Pluto TV App i will report back if it's still running or not.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Software version has now updated to 10.0.3 build 4091-10  with the Pluto App version 11. build 8 is still running perfectly fine on my older NOW black box over Ethernet.

So it looks like there is no conflict between the latest NOW OS or Pluto TV App by going on my testing above.

I am guessing you have tried a full factory reset ?

Another thing you could try is the NOW box over Ethernet if possible or try a different wifi channel and band on the box if you have a dual band Router.