cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Please help!!! I cannot get any further than plugging in my black NOW tv box!!!

I have a black NOW tv box with a 2 mnth sky movies pass but can only get as far as plugging box in and connecting to tv on HDMI1 where it says refer to packaging or something like that to continue!!! I have an account as i had a box before and never had a problem. I am mentally disabled so cannot afford my own broadband so share with my neighbour, so have access to wi-fi. What do i do now as my condition doesn't allow me to leave my home very often so rely heavily on alternative forms of entertainment.

Please can someone help me,

Thank you

Rixx

16 REPLIES 16
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Once you connected the nowtv box to your TV, when the box starts up the first time it will search for any local wifi networks and you need to select your neighbours network access point name and then enter the wifi password.

If you have had permission from your neighbour to use their Broadband Service have you got has far as entering your neighbours wifi password onto the nowtv box and if so did the box accept the password ? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have his code and p/word am connected now on my laptop! don't know how to connect now box to his wi-fi! think that may be the problem!!!

Legend 5
Legend 5

Your neighbour might have restricted your access. Ask them to pop round and help you. @Anonymous User
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No have full access, but don't know why i don't get any menu or options when I connect everything and HDMI1 comes up !!!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

When you switch on the box for the first time did you entered your neighbours wifi password, did the TV screen then show three green ticks that you successful connected to your neighbours network and then did the TV screen then ask you to enter your nowtv username and nowtv password.

Have you got past this stage  ? 

What is currently shown on the TV screen when the nowtv box is switched on, can you describe what is the full message.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have plugged box into tv port HDMI1 turned box on and don't get anything like that!!!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Are you on the correct HDMI input on your TV ?

With the your TV and box switched on some where on your TV remote controller will be button called something like source or input button keep pressing until your get to the NowTV box set up screen.

See if this step by step guide below helps with setting up your box.

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Set-up-NOW-TV-Box-black

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Gone through them all on my source button on my remote and only HDMI1 shows what i have previously described!!

Must be something to do with wi-fi connection, just dont know what!!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Lets start from scratch, so i know where you are at the beginning of the setup.

With the TV and box switched on, at rear of the box is a small reset hole, using a pin or something similar push into the small hole for 30 seconds and you should see the TV screen go back to it's initial setup start menu.

Do this first and then post back here hopefully saying that you see the setup menu on your TV screen.