cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Picture not fitting the screen

I am having a minor problem with the picture not fitting the screen on my Now.TV box.  The box is connected via a HDMI cable, hard wired into the internet and set to 1080 on the display settings. I have a ten year old Pioneer plasma screen HD widescreen 43" TV. 

What's happening is, if I watch a program on the NOW TV app from, for example FOX,  the logo is half off the screen at the the top left and faces appear elongated and the heads are very slightly off the screen at the top.  It's just a slight niggle, nothing too major but I would like to get it right. 

I don't suppose anyone can please offer me a simple solution.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

Sounds like you need to play around with the aspect ratio setting on your TV remote/menu to try different options as the TV could be stretching the picture vertically slightly (it could be set to something like a super zoom mode rather than a full/unscaled/widescreen/16:9 setting which might work better).

With your TV being 10 years old there's also a chance it might be a HD Ready (720 lines of information) rather than a Full HD (1080 lines) and so setting the display type of the NOW TV Box to 720p might give a better picture.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Check on your TV remote controller that when pressing the aspect button is not set to Zoom (should be set to either Auto or 16.9).

To access the display settings on the NowTV box, go to the settings menu, then click on Display type where there should be an option to change the display resolution output from the box.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i know this an old post but i has same problem, in the end i noticed my tv remote has a zoom / screen button, looks like a square with a + in the middle and arrows either side, hope this helps the next person looking