cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Picture not fitting the screen

I am having a minor problem with the picture not fitting the screen on my Now.TV box.  The box is connected via a HDMI cable, hard wired into the internet and set to 1080 on the display settings. I have a ten year old Pioneer plasma screen HD widescreen 43" TV. 

What's happening is, if I watch a program on the NOW TV app from, for example FOX,  the logo is half off the screen at the the top left and faces appear elongated and the heads are very slightly off the screen at the top.  It's just a slight niggle, nothing too major but I would like to get it right. 

I don't suppose anyone can please offer me a simple solution.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

Sounds like you need to play around with the aspect ratio setting on your TV remote/menu to try different options as the TV could be stretching the picture vertically slightly (it could be set to something like a super zoom mode rather than a full/unscaled/widescreen/16:9 setting which might work better).

With your TV being 10 years old there's also a chance it might be a HD Ready (720 lines of information) rather than a Full HD (1080 lines) and so setting the display type of the NOW TV Box to 720p might give a better picture.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

Sounds like you need to play around with the aspect ratio setting on your TV remote/menu to try different options as the TV could be stretching the picture vertically slightly (it could be set to something like a super zoom mode rather than a full/unscaled/widescreen/16:9 setting which might work better).

With your TV being 10 years old there's also a chance it might be a HD Ready (720 lines of information) rather than a Full HD (1080 lines) and so setting the display type of the NOW TV Box to 720p might give a better picture.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you very much for your help. The picture is much better now that I've had the weekend to play around with the TV picture settings.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Glad you managed to get sorted 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The picture on my normal telly is fine as soon as  I switch to HDMI the screen decreases I don't know what settings to go on 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

There's usually a button on your TV remote that cycles through the aspect ratio settings on your TV. Once you've found the button, cycle through the different options until you find one that looks right - settings have different names on different models but you want to be choosing something like widescreen/16:9/unscaled.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

i realise its a long time since your post. i hane a 10 year old Pansasonic tv 37 inch. I have the same problems as you were having. i wa swondering what you did to sort it out.   I dont really want to buy a new tv. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.new 

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Hello 🙂

Have you tried the advice posted in the green box above? 

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

Thanks for replying. I have tried what was in the green box. i have spent hours and hours trying everything i have found on internet, asked in shops etc. 

Going to phone Panasonic direct. then a quote of a repair man, Finallyi guess i will have to buy a new tv.

Ian

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

I seem to be having the same problem the sign in screen is too big to fit my tv screen and I can't see all the keypad to sign in any suggestions would be great full 

Also I can't seem to change the tv box to to 720p

Many thanks

Chaz