cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Password or PIN for Youtube

Hi my son has recently discovered he can watch lego building films on youtube on the telly and is fast getting obsessed!!! Is there anyway I can add a PIN or login for Youtube to restrict how much he watches?! Obviously I set it to Restricted Mode already do he doesn't accidentally see a beheading or something ...! Thanks, Vic

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Oh god just realised this forum is for Youview not Youtube! Anyone know where I should be posting this?!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unfortunatly the YouTube app is a third party app and any Parental Pin functionality that NowTV offers wont effect it. The YouTube app provides a login feature but that is purley so you can login to your YouTube account to see your personalised stuff such as playlists.

There is no current way to safely restirct or lock the Youtube app. Even the restriction you have already applied can simply be removed by unistalling and then re-installing the app (where any settings are lost). This would be the case for any PIN feature too and is likely why it has never been implimented.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi my son has recently discovered he can watch lego building films on Youtube on the telly and is fast getting obsessed!!! Is there anyway I can add a PIN or login for Youtube to restrict how much he watches?! Obviously I set it to Restricted Mode already so he doesn't accidentally see a beheading or something ...! Thanks, Vic

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi my son has recently discovered he can watch lego building films on Youtube on the telly and is fast getting obsessed!!! Is there anyway I can add a PIN or login for Youtube to restrict how much he watches?! Obviously I set it to Restricted Mode already so he doesn't accidentally see a beheading or something ...! Thanks, Vic

Hi @Anonymous User 

Sorry for the late reply. I don't think there is a pin for YouTube that can restrict how much content someone watches. The restricted mode you have neabled seems like the best bet. It won't filter out everything but it will filter out the majority of it all, as in 99%. Also, this restricted mode is enabled across all platfroms for that account, not just the NOW TV Box.  There is a YouTube kids app but i don't think that's available on our platform just yet.