cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

"Sorry, we did not recognise your login details"

Good evening,

For the past few weeks we have been unable to login to our NowTV account on the box/TV itself - therefore unable to make use of the Movies package.

Searched these forums for similar issues but none actually seemed to have a satisfactory resolution.

Used the forgotten password feature multiple times (and reset the box as part of that process) but keep getting the same message when signing in: "Sorry, we did not recognise your login details"

Correct username and password is definitely being entered.

Getting increasingly frustrated now as not getting what we paid for..

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave

114 REPLIES 114
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forum.  Best talk to Live Chat who will help you out.  Click on this link http://help.nowtv.com/article/None-of-the-above and hit the Contact Us box on the left of the page, this will take you to the Live Chat & Email options (8am - Midnight).

Hope this helpsSmiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User,

Sorry to hear about the problems.

It looks like you were able to get this all sorted.

If that's not the case, please do let us know.

Thanks,

Rich

The NOW TV Team

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Sounds like this was related to the login issue we had on boxes, can you let us know if you're still having this issue?

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’m having a similar problem with signing in. It just keeps saying “Sorry, we did not recognise your login details”. Can you help? I’ve tried resets both hard and soft. The login details are correct as I can log in to this forum to ask for help. And on Apple TV 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
The first letter of username as a capital letter worked for us. Like has been said before, even though my username is all lower case you have to put a capital first letter when signing in on the box
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. When you log into this website with your username and password and go to your My Account > My Passes page

http://account.nowtv.com/passes

do you see your cinema pass listed correctly? Also have you checked that you or someone in your household hasn't made any changes to your broadband connection to make it look as if you are not in the UK (eg to watch Netflix US)?

If everything seems to be fine, have a word with live chat who can check things further for you. You'll find the button for live chat on this page

http://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/Help-with-signing-in

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Afternoon all.
Two of my NOW TV boxes have an issue where I cannot submit my strong and complex password I created for my account.
I created the password on the NOW TV website, from my computer, and it works fine, I have logged into it many times without issue using my laptop and computer.

A genius at NOW TV has decided to implement an on-screen keyboard on the NOW TV box that doesn't include common characters, such as the double quote.

This has somehow slipped through all of your testing and QA processes. I'm assuming of course, that these processes are in place.

Another genius at NOW TV has also concluded that it would be a great customer experience if passwords that are accepted on the website are actually impossible to use on the NOW TV box. If there are restrictions, surely one would apply those same restrictions across all devices?

I have two boxes now that are unusable, and the only advice I have been given is to use a password without any special characters. 
So I'm basically being told to reduce the security of my account. This is unacceptable.

Such a poorly designed application should never have been released to the public.

This issue has been ongoing for several months and I would like to raise a complaint. Please advise. Nobody at the "live chat" or "email" on the "Contact Us" pages can raise a complaint for me, and neither can the Twitter team for NOW TV Help.

This is a very poor level of customer service.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Nobody at the "live chat" or "email" on the "Contact Us" pages can raise a complaint for me, and neither can the Twitter team for NOW TV Help.

This is a very poor level of customer service.

Hi @Anonymous User,

The easiest way of contacting 'Live Chat' is by using a Windows or Mac computer, along with various many makes and models of mobile phones and tablets (provided their screen resolution is high enough). Here's what you need to do: -

• Click on the following: How To Contact NOW TV link.
  • Click on the blue 'Start Live Chat' button on the left of the web page.
  • A new 'What can we help you with today?' pop-up window should open up.
  • Click on the 'Request Chat' button.

Cheers

ukbobboy
Legend

@SeeMoreDigital

Hi SMD

I think you have misunderstood @Anonymous User post, he didn't say that he could not contact Live Chat or any of the NowTV Help Teams, he said that they could not raise a complaint on his behalf.

Anyway, it's been known for sometime that special characters in passwords cause the NowTV boxes problems, I guess it's one of those problems that's not on the high-priority list.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I honestly believe that none of the customer service operatives, across all available contact options, are able to raise a complaint, or even know what the process is. If one even exists!

Since October, I've had six different case IDs for the same issue, and made over 20 attempts to contact via "live chat", "contact us - email", regular email, Twitter and phone, to no avail.

On the vast majority of those occasions, I've just been pointed to the same "how to raise a complaint" link... which actually tells me I need to use the "contact us" (via email or chat) to raise a complaint. Going around in circles!

This is against NOW TV's own Complaints Code Of Practice.

I will now try my luck with an Alternative Dispute Resolution, via the Ombudsman.

To repeat, the level of customer service I have received from NOW TV is absolutely shambolic.

In order to get this issue looked at, a complaint needs to be raised. It is almost as if this issue is being swept under the carpet...