cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Parental pin.

Why am I being asked for an parental pin when it’s never been set up and is not even enabled. Can’t watch anything live but I can watch catch up. Any ideas on how to fix. ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

NowTV have introduced a mandatory parental pin for live movies.

More info here.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-a-parental-pin

You need to set a parental pin (i use 1111 the minimum number of presses of buttons on my nowtv remote).

Once you setup the pin, then switch it off where you don't then need to use a pin for on demand movies, but will be prompted for your pin number every time you watch any live Sky Cinema channels (apart from Sky Disney).

Unfortunately there is no way to switch off or disable the parental pin whilst either watching or channel hopping the live movie channels.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Yes, the new layout is a foul-up 😥

You go to My Account, and you see a big green Sign-out option, with a little legend ‘Manage Account’ above it in ordinary type that doesn’t even look like a link, but this is what NowTV expect you to understand that it is, and to press it.

After which, you see a bunch of stuff about Passes, Devices and Payments, without an inkling that the hamburger (they call it a hamburger, but to me it looks like a liquorice allsort seen sideways on) beside the little legend ‘Account Summary’ at the top Is something else you can press.

And which will yield you eleven options, with many duplicating the options on the page you just came from. But one of them is the ‘Settings & PINs’ option you seek.

As to the ridiculous idea, blame Ofcom, not NowTV; it’s their rule, for any live channel that might be showing post-watershed material before the watershed (9 pm), as the Sky Cinema channels do.

If these channels didn’t require the PIN, Ofcom would shut them down in a jiffy.

You will find it is the same on Sky itself, and on Virgin too, so there is no getting away from it,

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm needs pin turn off not kids please I'm deaf

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Sorry, I don’t understand what you are saying 😢

These PINs have nothing to do with deafness.

Are you perhaps looking to turn subtitles on, and have them stay on?

That I can give guidance for,

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
8ntFunny
Advocate

I have Never set a parental pin up. There is only adults in our house. And I don't watch the movie channels. It is asking me for a pin to watch live tv when I am in the Now tv App. Also I have tried to watch catchups and it has asked me for the pin. Very annoying and very stupid set up. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@8ntFunny 
if you tried to watch any live TV on these channels then it will prompt you for a PIN. 
https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-a-parental-pin

This was mandatory by Ofcom, feel free to take it up with them.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help