cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Parental block

I’m turning off the parental block, it says it’s off but stays on completely restricting me.
32 REPLIES 32
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Give the broadband team a call.

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/now-broadband-calls/installation-and-setup

NOW Broadband customers can get in touch anytime between 8am–11pm.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I can't even find Broadband Buddy in my account.  Really frustrating.    When I go to Broadband and Calls it says "That didn't go to plan.  Try again later".  It has been doing this for 3 months.

I just want to be able to change my settings as I have a 11 year old daughter and now a young baby.  

I don't want to have to call a bloody helpdesk.  The basic account controls should work, isn't that what I pay for?  I'm going to have to cancel my membership and go with a company that provides the service I paid for.  

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

From the Community, navigate through 

My Account/Manage Account/Account Summary/Settings & PINs/Parental PIN

That’s the Now streaming PIN. 

While you are there, I also recommend setting the Payment PIN, if you haven’t already, which will stop your daughter or your new baby choosing anything that would require an extra payment. (Don’t laugh - a newborn let loose with a Now remote has thinned more than a few wallets before now).

I can’t answer for Broadband Buddy as I don’t have Now Broadband, but this Help page seems clear enough if you do:-

https://help.nowtv.com/article/set-up-and-manage-broadband-buddy

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having this exact problem. I have a broadband connection but it's only showing on my account as having a TV connection, I can't search for anything considered "adult" and there's no way of turning it off!!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

When you go to My Account > Bills & Payments does it show any NowTV Broadband payments ?

If not is there a chance that you have used a different separate account for NowTV Broadband ?

Does the emails received from NowTV about your Broadband order match the email used when your check your My account on here.

Perhaps contact nowtv live chat, where they should be able to switch off the broadband buddy or change the PG rating on your broadband line remotely at their end.

Once speaking to live chat ask them to find out why there is no indication of nowtv broadband on your account.

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi. Broadband buddy is off but I still can't access adult sites, what do I do?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

i got nowtv broadband installed and can’t even access websites like an summers to buy underwear. We’re a household of 4 adults and just want to turn off the broadband buddy, but I can’t figure out how. The pin doesn’t help and it says parental controls off on that site but nothings changed. Any help would be appreciated! 

redchiz1
Champion 2

@Anonymous User You should be able to manage your Broadband Buddy settings through the My details & settings menu in My Account, are you not able to do so?

Screenshot 2022-03-26 at 11.07.46.png

Anonymous User
Not applicable

How do I get my perentatal block off

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

In short, you don't the parental pin is now a mandatory requirement for the Movie channels when watching it Live. 

If you watch the film on demand you wont have to input the pin. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help