cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Parental PIN not accepted

For some reason the parental PIN I set up is not being accepted it keeps saying it's the wrong pin but it's not I have a Roku black box how can I solve this any advice.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Shrug your shoulders and reset it to what you think it is, and try again.

My Account/Manage Account/Account Summary (the thing with the hamburger, at the top of the screen there, which looks like it is just a heading, but is actually more than that)/My Details & Settings/Settings & PINs/“If you've forgotten your PIN, select Reset your PIN below” (But don’t look for it below as it isn’t below, its right there, so just click that link)/Give your Account Password and just type in the PIN you think it should be (even though it looks like its asking for your existing PIN it isn’t - give the new one).

If the NowTV app on the Roku Stick still won’t accept it, it may be worth signing out on the app and signing in again.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Shrug your shoulders and reset it to what you think it is, and try again.

My Account/Manage Account/Account Summary (the thing with the hamburger, at the top of the screen there, which looks like it is just a heading, but is actually more than that)/My Details & Settings/Settings & PINs/“If you've forgotten your PIN, select Reset your PIN below” (But don’t look for it below as it isn’t below, its right there, so just click that link)/Give your Account Password and just type in the PIN you think it should be (even though it looks like its asking for your existing PIN it isn’t - give the new one).

If the NowTV app on the Roku Stick still won’t accept it, it may be worth signing out on the app and signing in again.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Gone through the recommended suggestion and each time I try to reset my pin, none of my devices will accept it and let me log into my services. Trying to watch Sky Atlantic, but constantly being asked for a pin which I've set up, signed out and back in again, but still wont accept my pin in either my TV, PlayStation, or my phone. Very annoying at the moment 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I tried to enter sky one via my apple tv 3rd Gen today, and was asked for a parental pin. I've cancelled virgin and got a freeview box, and with my subscriptions to Now TV and Netflix through Apple tv I thought that i'd mad a clever move, so when I couldn't access sky though Now TV I was pretty annoyed.

I set a parental pin up on my i-phone (as I'd never set one up before) and still I couldn't access it on my Apple TV. I even logged out and logged back in again (slow and painful process) but still I got the 'pin incorrect' message.

I finally decided to try and access the account on my laptop, using my e-mail as log in instead of user name and the pin had not been set on my account even though it was showing on my phone as set.

I set the pin through my laptop and tried it on my apple tv and success!!! It finally worked.

Hope this helps others, as I was getting mighty stressed out. Problem solved, so I'm pretty happy 😊