cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Oops something went wrong our end

Hi,

I have been trying to pair my now tv black box after resetting it (because now for some reason when I use it on another tv I have to go through set up again) to no avail. I have never had this problem before, having had my box a couple of yrs now.

It will not pair and allow me to watch anything at all. I just keep getting message 'oops something has gone wrong our end refresh page'. I have turned my router off (which now broadband), reset my box numerous times, tried 3 different browsers, ad blocker is off, java script on. And still nothing! 

Please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

I suspect that it is not so much using it with another TV that causes the problems as it is unplugging it from the mains to move it.

You can check this, if you ever get it working again, by blipping the mains to it when it is connected to a TV throughout.

In which case, its non-volatile memory, which should retain the box configuration, has failed, and the device is only kept alive by the mains connection.

Nothing much you can do if so 😥

One thing worth a try though, is that if it is the above, the box is failing pretty hard and untidily when you move it. So when you put it back on the mains, don’t just try to use it again, but rather push and hold the reset button under the box for 15-30 seconds.

This should bring it back clean, and though you will still have to re-enter everything, it may work better when you do.

Time to explore more recent NowTV devices now, I fear though.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

I suspect that it is not so much using it with another TV that causes the problems as it is unplugging it from the mains to move it.

You can check this, if you ever get it working again, by blipping the mains to it when it is connected to a TV throughout.

In which case, its non-volatile memory, which should retain the box configuration, has failed, and the device is only kept alive by the mains connection.

Nothing much you can do if so 😥

One thing worth a try though, is that if it is the above, the box is failing pretty hard and untidily when you move it. So when you put it back on the mains, don’t just try to use it again, but rather push and hold the reset button under the box for 15-30 seconds.

This should bring it back clean, and though you will still have to re-enter everything, it may work better when you do.

Time to explore more recent NowTV devices now, I fear though.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.