cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nowtv smart box

We are on our second smart box we had our new one arrive yesterday trying to set it up was a nightmare it keep turning off and on and freezing it doesn’t stay on when it finally gets to the home page for more than 5 minutes I have tried everything I can think of any advice I’d be very grateful
3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

When you say that you are on your second smart box, is this a replacement for the first or just an additional smart box in your setup, where the first box is working fine ?

If this second smart box is a replacement, i was wondering who is your ISP where a couple of TalkTalk and Virgin Broadband customers are encountering problems with their smart box since the recent box firmware updates.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
My second box is a replacement as the first one broke my internet is with nowtv
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Have you gone through all the trouble shooting steps in this help guide ?

https://help.nowtv.com/article/troubleshooting-now-tv-box-stic

Are you using the smart box over WiFi, if so is it practically possible in your home setup to try using an Ethernet cable between the box and your router ?

Have you got a second TV in the House, just to test if the box works any better (you don't need to connect a TV aerial to test the smart box, just an internet connection and a TV with an HDMI port) ?