cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mentor

NowTV Won't Load

Hi, I've had issues for the last 24 hours watching NowTV on both my black box and Roku box. The home screen on the black box is just spinning circles and when I go to NowTV through my apps, it opens briefly and crashes on both players. I've done factory resets and software updates but nothing has worked, and while I understand the circumstances there is no support available at all. The fact that it's both players means I'm thinking the issue is NowTV not the boxes- all other apps are working, and NowTV is working on my phone. Please help!

Labels (1)
54 Replies
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: NowTV Won't Load

Hi @Ynari 

My NowTV boxes and Roku Players seem to be working fine for me at the moment when watching NowTV (touch wood).

The loading spinning coloured circles on screen usually means the box is buffering where there isn't sufficient internet information getting to the box or there is a poor wifi reception on the box if you are not using Ethernet.

I am assuming you have tried a reboot on your Router (even if your other devices are working) ?

Also what's the internet speed reading at the moment and are you using more internet devices in your home than normal and your incoming internet speed is struggling to cope ?

Apart from that it sounds like you have done all the basic steps that i would have tried.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Mentor

@schnapps Thanks for your response- I've tried rebooting the router too but nothing. Everything else in the house is working so I don't think it's the internet connection. I tried calling NowTV but they can only provide broadband support by phone and there is no online help available so I don't really know what to do! 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Ynari 

If you are happy that you have plenty of internet bandwidth headroom in your home and gone through these trouble shooting steps in the link below, then i don't know what else to suggest.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/troubleshooting-now-tv-box-stick 

Should all of your NowTV playback devices had been problematic, then i would have said maybe try switching the power off to your Router for about half an hour.

Perhaps somebody else on the forum can offer some further suggestions that can help.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

I've had the same issue. No help avail from NOWTV. The app works on my phone though bit not on my TV. Ive tried all steps suggested 8ncluding factory reset.

Any help appreciated. 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Mentor

I am having exactly the same issue with my now tv stick. All apps work on the stick but not now tv. Now tv works on my phone, PC and tablet. Tried hard reset and factory reset. In the about section says for my now tv account "account unavailable" has been working fine until 2 days ago. Done a router reboot and checked internet speed which is fine.

Highlighted
Advocate

I’m having the same/similar issue it says it can’t connect my stick on the tv but I have full broadband so I know it’s not the connection. I’ve reset it so many times over the past few days sometimes I can get it to connect but then it just disconnects again. I tried it very late last night around 1.00am and it worked fine so I’m wondering if it’s not working due to the number of users trying to use it at the time or something? 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Same problems for the last couple of days, goes into the app on my tv for a couple of seconds,  but then exits.  Tried resetting, updating the app etc. I know it's not my connection because Netflix and all the other apps work fine.  Concluded,must be something to do with Now TV?

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Mentor

Interesting will have to check mine in the morning

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Mentor

Have you tried now tv at the same time on another device? I have done this on 2 others and been able to access now tv only the stick hasnt worked so cannot be due to demand 

0 Thanks