cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV Won't Load

Hi, I've had issues for the last 24 hours watching NowTV on both my black box and Roku box. The home screen on the black box is just spinning circles and when I go to NowTV through my apps, it opens briefly and crashes on both players. I've done factory resets and software updates but nothing has worked, and while I understand the circumstances there is no support available at all. The fact that it's both players means I'm thinking the issue is NowTV not the boxes- all other apps are working, and NowTV is working on my phone. Please help!

55 REPLIES 55
Anonymous User
Not applicable

This has been going on for 5 days for me now, which is really frustrating. I'm paying for both entertainment and movie passes and am not able to use either box to watch. I've lost count of the software refreshes, factory resets, and router reboots I've done!

While I'm glad that I'm not going mad and am not the only one this is happening to, if this issue is happening to a number of people surely there has to be a way to report this to NowTV? I understand that this isn't the most pressing issue in the world at the moment, and I don't mind waiting longer for a response than usual, but it's not great that there seems to be no way to report an issue at all (especially when phone support is still available for broadband). 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello mine does exactly the same.did you fix yours? Wondering if I buy another now tv stick will it solve this problem? Many thanks 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

im no expert in this (dont work for NowTV) but i do not think buying a new stick will solve this

Save your money!!

The issue seems to be down to the NowTV app

i have the same issue on 2 (of the same model) Roku based Now TV black boxes.

This seems to be the same as with the stick based hardware

I have the Now app on Xbox and it does not have the issue - now app works as it should

Now works perfectly for streaming on the 2 x Roku based boxes AS LONG AS I START THE PROGRAM FROM SEARCH AND NOT THE NOW TV APP

It seems Now TV need to sort out the App or something at their end.

Customer service at NowTV is not available, useless and non-existent!!

Thanks to this community for finding the partial fix of using the search app instead of the now tv app.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I only got a response from now tv after filing 2 complaints via different methods. Both came back with the standard stuff about checking broad band is working and wife us connected, so they obviously didn't read what I was saying. After back and forth with them they said try signing out of my account and back in on the stick. Not sure how I would do this anyway but by then the issue had resolved itself

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I tried through search app .it lets me on then chucks me out  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I also have this issue going on 5 days can't get any help or response from Now TV very frustrating.

Have tried all steps factory reset etc then will work for 2 mins then back to the problem.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

is it the same if you use the search dialogue / app and NOT the NowTV app

i.e. do not open the NowTV app.

its not as convenient as you cant browse but if you know what you want to watch, use search to find it - it will say subscription required, click it and you should be ok to watch and keep saying watch next at the of each episode...... Unless theres a new issue!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

What do you mean don't open the app its on my box automatically starts 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi sorry understood now if I search for a program it works. 

How do I watch live programs 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User  Works on mine by using TV guide app: again do not load nowtv app first

I have a Roku based box not a stick so can only assume it's the same.

Ade