cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV Won't Load

Hi, I've had issues for the last 24 hours watching NowTV on both my black box and Roku box. The home screen on the black box is just spinning circles and when I go to NowTV through my apps, it opens briefly and crashes on both players. I've done factory resets and software updates but nothing has worked, and while I understand the circumstances there is no support available at all. The fact that it's both players means I'm thinking the issue is NowTV not the boxes- all other apps are working, and NowTV is working on my phone. Please help!

55 REPLIES 55
Anonymous User
Not applicable

This solution has worked for me. Thanks so much! Now I can use my stick for movies and apps and not have to keep switching to my xbox! Hopefully nowtv/sky will sort this when isolation ends

Anonymous User
Not applicable

On the other hand don't you think the app on the Xbox is actually better. I'm thinking of getting the latest Roku 4k branded box or stick but the now branded Roku 3 is ok. Apart from the odd extra add the Xbox seems better!!

And the app actually loads so I don't have to go to search 🙂 am I contradicting myself.  🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank You for this fix.  😁😁

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have tried the secret software update hack but I can't even get this to work! When I do it the menu disappears from the left but still just the circles going round.

Apps work fine but blank page with spinning circles on Home, TV guide and Best of Catch-up pages. Can hear the sound of TV channel it got stuck on so clearly still able to stream just can't see anything.

Restarted box, factory reset box, restarted router (using Ethernet so not a wifi signal problem), had both off overnight, checked all physical cables. Checked time settings and software updates. 

Nowtv works on phone and now tv app works fine too! Been 4 days now

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having exactly the same issue with my now tv stick. All apps work on the stick but not now tv. Now tv works on my phone, PC and tablet. Tried hard reset and factory reset. In the about section says for my now tv account "account unavailable" has been working fine until 2 days ago. Done a router reboot and checked internet speed which is fine.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’m having the same/similar issue it says it can’t connect my stick on the tv but I have full broadband so I know it’s not the connection. I’ve reset it so many times over the past few days sometimes I can get it to connect but then it just disconnects again. I tried it very late last night around 1.00am and it worked fine so I’m wondering if it’s not working due to the number of users trying to use it at the time or something? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same problems for the last couple of days, goes into the app on my tv for a couple of seconds,  but then exits.  Tried resetting, updating the app etc. I know it's not my connection because Netflix and all the other apps work fine.  Concluded,must be something to do with Now TV?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Interesting will have to check mine in the morning

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have you tried now tv at the same time on another device? I have done this on 2 others and been able to access now tv only the stick hasnt worked so cannot be due to demand 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Im having the same frustrating problem. Just wont load. Youtube etc through the now tv box is working fine. Now tv on my tablet is also fine. 

Another irritating problem, i sign into my account on here. I can see all my details etc. Then using the link from there i go to the help centre. Then contact the help team (i realise live help isnt available), it then tells me they dont recognize my account.