cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV Won't Load

Hi, I've had issues for the last 24 hours watching NowTV on both my black box and Roku box. The home screen on the black box is just spinning circles and when I go to NowTV through my apps, it opens briefly and crashes on both players. I've done factory resets and software updates but nothing has worked, and while I understand the circumstances there is no support available at all. The fact that it's both players means I'm thinking the issue is NowTV not the boxes- all other apps are working, and NowTV is working on my phone. Please help!

55 REPLIES 55
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I tried to put a reply in to this via my phone last night, but it wouldn't let me - the NOW TV  glitches seem to be everywhere.

I know we have a situation going on in the world right now, but I find it hard to believe that a multi million pound company has nobody at all available to respond to problems, or can't  they get some technical advisors working from home? Again, I do realise that this situation is a new one, and there are bigger problems out there, but some people are locked in at home and need services like this to at least offer some sort of support.

We've tried everything suggested on it's list to get the box working, but it's still spinning?

We've always eventually had problems with NOW TV, and always eventually spent time with customer support - so it's always been the first to go when we decide to get rid of a streaming service.  Now there's not even any kind of customer support at all.

We'll be getting rid again once the current subscription has ended.

We'll stick with Netflix, which just seems to be a better run service, and btw has never once needed customer support. 

These services are needed more than ever, so some contingency should be in place. 

Amazon and Netflix still have some basic support, why not NOW TV?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Changing the amount of ‘bits’ of data (the techie term is bitrate) streaming through your NOW TV Box or Smart Stick could reduce buffering.

Press these buttons quickly on your remote control:

1. Home x5
2. Rewind x3
3. Fast Forward x2

You’ll see a screen with various bitrate options. Just select ‘Automatic’ and try watching your programme again.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Try this...I did on my Now Tv black box and am able to watch....worth a shot...Good luck

Anonymous User
Not applicable

alas tried that, already set to Automatic.

Come on NowTV, this is effecting a lot of people @Anonymous User you listening

Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV on both of my boxes suddenly started working yesterday- 16 days after it last worked! I've made multiple settings changes (trying everything in this thread), resets, the lot- none of that worked, it just kicked in. Underscores my feeling that this was nothing to do with my settings/boxes/internet. Still no response from NowTV on any platform, however. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Lucky you... what sw version and build is it showing? I have 9.2.3  build 4123. Doesn't change with the update or secret update option.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV is still not loading up on my Now TV box and my Roku box. It's been like this for at least the last few days.

I have tried all suggestions by the helpful community here, but with no results.

There is no customer support available. Absolutely ridiculous considering this company is owed by Sky.

Come on Now TV, fix it! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Tried this already set to automatic. Still waiting to here from now tv regarding my "complaint"

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have some luck with my Now TV box, I haven't tried the Roku box yet.

I have access the secret menu at mentioned by @Anonymous User by doing the following:

1. Home x5
2. Rewind x3
3. Fast Forward x2

Bitrate is set to automatic by default, I change it to 12Mbps and the now TV interface starts working.

Problem is, the bitrate setting keeps returning to automatic, so I have to keep going back to change it.

Looks like buggy software, and I wish Now TV would change it or provide some real support here.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User has found a workaround for this and it works for me:

sorry if this breaks protocol as i am new on here and unsure how to officially link to another thread.

He has the issue on a stick i have it on the black roku box, same issue - now tv app not loading. fix seems to be: dont load it! search first and go straight in to a program rather than opening the app first.

Re: Roku Streaming Stick Plus - NOWTV App looping straight back to home screen

So I've narrowed down the problem. It only loops when you try going on the MyTV tab at the side of the app. 

If you watch a show via the Roku search, it plays fine. The next time you load the app, it goes to a different tab (I think related to the last content you watched), say Movies or Entertainment, and the app stays loaded. 

As long as you don't rest on the MyTV sidebar, the app continues to work. As soon as you try looking at MyTV, the app resets to the Roku home screen, and each time you boot up it goes straight to MyTV, resetting the app. Again, if you watch something from the other search, you can get it working again.

It's still kind of frustrating, but at least I've found a (sort of) workaround for now.