cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV Won't Load

Hi, I've had issues for the last 24 hours watching NowTV on both my black box and Roku box. The home screen on the black box is just spinning circles and when I go to NowTV through my apps, it opens briefly and crashes on both players. I've done factory resets and software updates but nothing has worked, and while I understand the circumstances there is no support available at all. The fact that it's both players means I'm thinking the issue is NowTV not the boxes- all other apps are working, and NowTV is working on my phone. Please help!

55 REPLIES 55
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

My NowTV boxes and Roku Players seem to be working fine for me at the moment when watching NowTV (touch wood).

The loading spinning coloured circles on screen usually means the box is buffering where there isn't sufficient internet information getting to the box or there is a poor wifi reception on the box if you are not using Ethernet.

I am assuming you have tried a reboot on your Router (even if your other devices are working) ?

Also what's the internet speed reading at the moment and are you using more internet devices in your home than normal and your incoming internet speed is struggling to cope ?

Apart from that it sounds like you have done all the basic steps that i would have tried.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps Thanks for your response- I've tried rebooting the router too but nothing. Everything else in the house is working so I don't think it's the internet connection. I tried calling NowTV but they can only provide broadband support by phone and there is no online help available so I don't really know what to do! 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you are happy that you have plenty of internet bandwidth headroom in your home and gone through these trouble shooting steps in the link below, then i don't know what else to suggest.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/troubleshooting-now-tv-box-stick 

Should all of your NowTV playback devices had been problematic, then i would have said maybe try switching the power off to your Router for about half an hour.

Perhaps somebody else on the forum can offer some further suggestions that can help.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've had the same issue. No help avail from NOWTV. The app works on my phone though bit not on my TV. Ive tried all steps suggested 8ncluding factory reset.

Any help appreciated. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've tried this has left both router and stick off overnight and still having same problem 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Did anyone get any help with this? Did anyone from Now TV read and offer any help?

I understand that they might be short staffed, but, out of all the streaming services we've used through the years NOW TV have always been the clear winner with glitches, and things just not working properly.

We've got the same problem with just circles on the box.

App works fine on a pad but subtitles (which we need in our house) not displaying via chromecast?

So need the box working.

Tried a factory re-set, and un-plugging etc - nothing helps.

Anyone at NOW TV available to help with this?

Thanks.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User no response from NowTV at all- I've tried on Twitter too and nothing there either. I completely understand the situation and am fine with things taking a bit longer than usual, but for me it's now been a full 14 days with it not working on either of my boxes. No idea what else to try!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ive had the same problem trying to get now tv to load up on my LG tv, with the following annoying scenarios:

1. colour balls going around and around.......

2. blank/black screen, waiting for something to happen

3. Error message "well, that didn't go to plan... NOWTV isn't loading. Please try again in a bit.

4. Error message "Unknown Page Error - something's not right. Give it a moment, or check the internet connection"

So, after 5 days into my 1 month paid subscription for sky movies i am still yet to see a movie, my quarantine is getting worse by the day.......  so i decided to try and watch something on my laptop and now im unable to do that too 😞 😞 im getting a message that i have recording software detected on my laptop and to close all open apps........ i wish i could detect this mystery software then i could close it..................  Can anyone help??!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have resorted to contacting nowtv via there complaints company resolver in an attempt to get some contact that was a week ago still nothing. At the moment I am using my xbox to watch nowtv on  which is not why I bought a nowtv stick. I get the situation at the moment is unlike any before but some sort of response from nowtv would be appreciated. Even if it's just an acknowledgement that we are all having these problems and they will look into it when they have more time.