cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV Box Adverts

Hello,

Last year I downloaded the app to watch Game of Thrones through my Xbox 360 and was pleased to find there were only 30 seconds worth of adverts (not the normal 3-5 minutes when watching the show on TV), is this still the same with the Box set or have they increased the length of the adverts?

Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9
Legend 5
Legend 5

Box sets have no adverts.  Some have logo breaks where the adverts would have been.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@4268 wrote:

Box sets have no adverts.  Some have logo breaks where the adverts would have been.

Hi @Anonymous User

Just to add to what @4268 , has said the logo breaks and some content. Only last roughly for 5 to 10 seconds, never beyond that. Smiley Wink during game of thrones nowTV did once put adverts for other programs that nowTV had available in on demand content Presumably to try and get people to stay at the game of thrones had finished but that received quite a bit of disapproval. So I'm not sure they would do that again.

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
mark_suff
Expert

It's a pity Channel 4 and Channel 5 catch up doesn't do this they seem to be putting quite a lot of ads on their players. Don't often watch ITV Hub.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Get yourself one of these https://stopads.co.uk. Stop's catch-up TV ads

Legend 5
Legend 5

Technically though we have paid for the catchup on here as part of our passes. Iplayer as part of licence. However 4OD is free so has to be funded some way.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
mark_suff
Expert

@4268 4OD is funded by ads on the main broadcast channels.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Whilst I'd rather not have adverts, people pay Sky over £100 a month and still have to put up with them, I'm not sure paying £6.99 is a reason not to have them. 

DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

I'm fine with there being ad breaks on the live channels (as long as they're not excessive).  But I wouldn't want there to be unskippable ads on Now TV's catch up content and boxsets.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi.
The logo breaks are a pain in the hoop. I have the entertainment pack for one reason only. TWD. Im close to cancelling my subscription and sourcing my tv elsewhere.