cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV Black Box vs AppleTV

Why is the picture quality of the nowtv box so poor? I never usually use it but I thought I would give the “boost” ago and since the AppleTV isn’t support, I tried my nowtv box. So now I get DD+ sound but the picture is awfull, 480p at best! As soon as I switch back to the ATV, perfect 720p picture! Both hardwired Ethernet into the same network switch, on-demand not as bad but still dips in quality but live is usually unwatchable 

Am I the only one seeing this?

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same as you and am currently using the now tv black box, I did a speed connection text and I’m getting 35 mb wireless. The picture quality is miles better. Try going into settings and resetting your connection also make sure in video that it’s set to auto. And finally try unplugging the device leave for a minute then plug back in. Also in my account does it show your hd boost is active.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It isn’t a setting issue, I’ve just watched a sky one episode and it played 1080p DD+, then I put on live MNF and its unwatchable

Put on the ATV and it’s 720p 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Did u do a connection test on the nowtv box, other than that it might be a bandwidth problem, I had a bit of stuttering on Mnf myself but was fine after 5 mins. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I doubt it’s a bandwidth issue, if it was it would affect on-demand content on the NowTV box and everything on the AppleTV

A new AppleTV app with HD boost would fix this so I wouldn’t have to use the Now TV box

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Exactly in the same boat as yourself got to use my nowtv black box till nowtv update the app for apple. Been 4 years since an update but apparently Ireland has the new nowtv app yes ireland. No communication at all.