cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv sound too loud in intervals

We are trialling now tv through the apple box and when we watch anything when the sound gets lluder or more intense the volume seems to go twice as loud. So you turn the volume down to a reasonable level then when it goes to quieter scenes of just talking you can barely hear it. It is so odd! What can we do to rectify this please?
7 REPLIES 7
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Welcome to the forum. Not heard that issue before and if it's just happening on the NOW TV app then it doesn't sound like a TV setting. I'll tag @dr_necessitor who is an Apple TV user, he may be able to help.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Many thanks Andy. I haven’t tried the app yet on my phone so I will do when I can. But the tv works normally through sky and netflix so at a bit of a loss really.

@Anonymous User @Andy

Sorry guys, I stopped using NOW TV on my tv a while back now (due to the appalling state of the NOW TV app on that platform). All my device slots are filled, so I can't test or comment other than to agree that what you have reported doesn't sound right. Not much help, apologies again!

Maybe @Anonymous User can assist?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

I don't use my ATV gen 3 box much nowadays (where I tend to use my nowtv smart box for watching nowtv content) but since this thread was posted I have been using my ATV box just to see if I can hear any sound volume increases.

So far, I haven't heard any change of volume (maybe I need to test for a longer period of time or perhaps it's the newer ATV boxes gen 4 and above that is effected).

Will keep checking for the next couple of days, then back to my much preferred nowtv smart box.

This might not be a solution to the changes of the sound volume, but check in your TV sound menu if you have a feature called something like Dobly Dynamic Sound Reduction or Night Mode which might reduce the high volumes and boost the low speach volumes when watching the TV. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Forgot to add that i have only been testing the nowtv live cinema and entertainment channels together with the advert breaks, where I am also taking this opportunity on my ATV to see if I am experiencing the multi colour picture artifacts that my smart box is randomly encountering on the live channels now and again (nothing to report on that front yet).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Schnapps champion 1 Inthink you have solved the issue. We took it off theatre mode on surround sound sound and set to night mode too. Now no issues. Thankyou.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

STILL no update from mods about sound screeching,

despite months of knowing about the issue

time to cancel once my pass as run out

gone on long enough this "KNOWN ISSUE" and nothing being done about it