cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vickibeech

Now tv box won’t work

Thought my nowtv box had died, it wouldn’t turn on, so ordered a new one. Set it all up and started an up date and walked away for a couple of minutes, came back to find its switched off and will not start up, when I press the home button on the remote it flashes a couple of times and that’s it 

6 REPLIES 6
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Vickibeech 

Try doing a factory reset to the box.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/hard-factory-reset-now-box-stick

If that fails to fix it, then I think it’s died on you ☹️ My recommendation for a replacement would be either Amazon fire stick or Roku stick.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Vickibeech 

There are no new Now boxes. What did you obtain, and from where?

It sounds like you got a possibly faulty secondhand one, so besides all of @gavs82008‘s good advice, if you can’t get it started, send it back for a refund.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Vickibeech
##-all sorted thanks
James176
Advocate

My box stopped working last year. It appears that NOW changed the settings which no longer accepted the use of the box. I had to buy a stck. The annoying thing was that no where on the website was ther any warning about boxes no longer accepted for connecting.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@James176 

The only box that has stopped being supported is the White Box, all other NOW branded devices are still being supported. Only real difference is NOW no longer sale or even make their own devices, so if it stops working due to age etc. you need to get a suitable replacement such as Amazon fire stick or Roku stick.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@James176 wrote:

My box stopped working last year. It appears that NOW changed the settings which no longer accepted the use of the box. I had to buy a stck. The annoying thing was that no where on the website was ther any warning about boxes no longer accepted for connecting.

If I recall correctly, anybody using a white box at the time would have been notified on screen that support was ceasing.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.