cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv box won't connect to my wifi connection

Hi all,
Iv recently updated my now tv box to the new black one and I can not seem to connect it to my wifi connection.
It has worked on and off previously but it isn't connecting to the internet at all. It brings up an error code of 009. Everything I have tried doesn't seem to work and I am getting really frustrated that I can't use the nowntv box that I have paid for. Any help on this matter will be appreciated.
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:
Hi all,
Iv recently updated my now tv box to the new black one and I can not seem to connect it to my wifi connection.
It has worked on and off previously but it isn't connecting to the internet at all. It brings up an error code of 009. Everything I have tried doesn't seem to work and I am getting really frustrated that I can't use the nowntv box that I have paid for. Any help on this matter will be appreciated.

@Anonymous User

Hi Michael,

We're sorry to hear you are having these problems and want to get this sorted for you 🙂

If we can suggest that you try using an ethernet cable to connect your box to the router to see if this still gives you the same error message ? Hopefully this will give us a bit more information on whats causing the problem. 

If you also wouldnt mind letting us know if you have been experiencing any issues with your wifi connection on any other devices at home ?

Thanks, Kymberly 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Kymberly,
Thanks for your reply so late.
I am unable to connect my Samsung tv to the internet also. I can pick up my wifi connection but I can't connect to the internet on both my tv and now tv box. Mine and my partners phone & tablets work absolutely fine but nothing else. Iv tried everything suggested on this community but nothing has worked. Really don't know what to do.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:
Kymberly,
Thanks for your reply so late.
I am unable to connect my Samsung tv to the internet also. I can pick up my wifi connection but I can't connect to the internet on both my tv and now tv box. Mine and my partners phone & tablets work absolutely fine but nothing else. Iv tried everything suggested on this community but nothing has worked. Really don't know what to do.

@Anonymous User

Thanks for your quick reply Michael 🙂

With the Samsung TV having similar issues to the Now TV box in that its picking up the wifi connection but not fully connecting this suggests it may be a wireless distance or interferance issue as i'm assuming they are located together, Are these devices a great distance away from the router ?

It may be something you can check out with your internet provider as there are ways a wireless connection can be improved and they would be able to talk you through doing this through your router settings page.

Thanks Kymberly 😉

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Kymberly,

My router is approx 10m away from my TV, Xbox and now tv box with nothing in the way.

I have tried a hard wired connection before and this didnt work either.

I have spoken with Sky on the issue and they tried numerous things over the phone, all with no luck.

I just dont understand how all phones and tablets work fine throughout the whole house but TV's, xbox's and entainement boxes can find the wifi connection but cant connect to the internet. It doesnt make any sense. It has worked previously but im not sure what has changed to cause it to stop working again.

I appreciate your effort with this, as I know its frustrating.

Many thanks

Mike

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi Mall

Just a quick thought, has your ISP updated your router recently and if so have they adjusted the router's firewall settings?

I've had something similar happened to me in the past and it turned out to be my then ISP adjusting, via their updates, certain settings to enable better online game playing, as I don't play games I found their tampering inconvenient and annoying.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

UK Bob,

I have recently reset my router to its factory settings and nothing more.

Im not aware of my IPS updating my router but like I said I havent always had this problem.

What could I change to my firewall settings to see whether this is the problem or not ?

Thanks

Mike

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi again Mike

You know, as I no absolutely nothing about your router, neither it's manufacturer or model number, it is impossible for me to give you any direct advice or even pointers.

You will have to get onto your ISP's help desk and put your questions directly to them, this is really the only option you've got.

Sorry I could not do more.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

UK Bob,

Not a problem, i completely understand your point.

Would it help if I could provide all the details you have mentioned ?

Thanks

Mike