cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv box stopped working

Hi my now tv box has suddenly stopped working and i have tried everything that i have read online about trying to fix it but nothing has worked. It seems as theres no power getting to the box as the light on the box doesn't come on please help
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

If there is a reset button on the bottom of the box then you must be using the nowtv smart box with the blue coloured logo on the top of the box.

If there is no purple light either flashing or permanently on when you press the remote controller, then it sounds to me the box as developed a fault. 

Should this be the case you need to return the box back to the Retailer you purchased it from for a replacement or refund.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

If there is no white light on the front of the nowtv box and you have double checked that the power cable is connected tightly into the back of the box and the mains plug is also connected properly where you have power to other components then it does suggest that the box as inherited a fault.

Not sure if you have tried a full factory reset by pushing and holding a pin in the reset hole on the back of the box for about 30 seconds to see if any picture appears on your TV screen and if the white light comes back on the front of the box.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have check all that cables are properly connected and that they are not damaged and have tried the factory reset by holding the reset button on the bottom of the box and still no light appears on the box. I've only had the box a week or so it was working the night before and went to watch tv the next day and the box just wouldn't come on
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

If there is a reset button on the bottom of the box then you must be using the nowtv smart box with the blue coloured logo on the top of the box.

If there is no purple light either flashing or permanently on when you press the remote controller, then it sounds to me the box as developed a fault. 

Should this be the case you need to return the box back to the Retailer you purchased it from for a replacement or refund.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yeah i do believe it is the newer box. Theres no power going to it what so ever so i do believe it has a fault thanks for your help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I purchased the now tv box from yourself along with the internet package . So how do i go about replacing the box
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

I don't personally work for NowTV, i am a customer just like you.

This link guide below will explain how to return the faulty equipment back to NowTV under warranty.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/return-or-replace-now-tv-box-or-accessories

This link below is the contact details for NowTV.

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/return-or-replace-now-tv-box-or-accessories