cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv box not turning off

My now tv box has stopped turning itself off so I have to cut the power to it or it’ll just keep playing. I’ve not moved it, changed tv, done anything to upset it. Any ideas how I can get it to work properly? I want to watch a bit of telly in bed and not have to get up in the cold to switch it off! 

8 REPLIES 8
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

See if this works below, where i have just tested it out on my NowTV 4K box and after 20 minutes of no activity it switches off the power light and power to my box.

1. Press the Home button
  2. Press the back arrow to bring up the menu
  3. Go to settings
  4. Select the ‘Power’ option
  5. Choose ‘Auto Power Savings’
  6. Tick the ‘After 20 minutes of Interaction’ option
Anonymous User
Not applicable

That option is already ticked, I’ve tried unticking and ticking again but no luck.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Ticking the 20 minute of no interaction box in my NowTV box settings worked for me during my quick tests, where i left my box on the home screen page for about half an hour and when i returned back to the TV my box was off together with the white light on the front of the NowTV box.

Don't know why it's not working on your box (unless not all NowTV boxes have been fixed yet), maybe try a forced software update on your box and experiment with the box left on the home screen page for about 20 plus minutes without pressing any buttons on your remote.

Here's the instructions how to force a software update on the box, update the software even if you are on the same version number.

This updates your software, fixing any faults in the process.

• Start by pressing your NOW TV remote control buttons in this order:

Home x5
Fast Forward x3
Rewind x2

• Select the Update Software option that appears on the next screen.
  • Press OK, even if you already have the latest version. 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for those instructions, it needed an update but that didn’t fix the issue. I’m at a loss as to what to do with it now

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

When you finished watching NowTV on your box, did you leave it on the main NowTV home screen page to see after 20 minutes of no use it switched itself off.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I left it on channel 5 but switched the tv off, this would previously mean the box would switch itself off after a while 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

As a test double check the 20 minute of no use box is still ticked after the forced software update and then leave the box on the main home screen page without touching any buttons to see if it automatically switches off.

It does on my NowTV box.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yeah I’ve already that, it’s still ticked but will do the tick/untick thing again. I do have another box in the spare room so will swap them over tomorrow to see if that’s doing the same thing or if the mechanics of this box have gone wrong