cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv box has not arrived

I received an email offering a free now tv box and placed the order. I had to use another email address to my usual account one as every time I put that in it said you already have an account. Once ordered I received an email with the tracking info dated 15.11.18, to date this just says that Royal Mail have been told that the order is being prepared. I then received an email asking me to give feedback on the recent delivery that I have not received? I have telephoned and been told someone would email, no email. I have tweeted on Twitter. Please can someone sort this out for me and get my box sent out? 

22 REPLIES 22
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

You know Clew

It is never a good idea to pay for anything online, or anywhere else, with your debit card because, if something goes wrong, things become very difficult when trying to get your money back.

Banks are very reluctant to refund money, and so take the loss, when somethings go wrong, even if it can be shown that it's not your fault.

A friend of mine was going into hospital for a minor op, but before going in he decided to check his bank account. Instead of seeing a healthy balance, as expected, he saw that he was £750.00 overdrawn. He had to cancel his op and get onto his bank to find out what had happened and try to get his money back.

After a week or two, the bank decided to refund all his money back to him minus £50.00. You see, even though it was obvious his money was withdrawn by someone inside the bank, the bank still decided to withhold £50.00 from his refund because, they said, he must have done something wrong.

As soon as he could, he transferred his money (salary + savings) to another bank.

Plus, I'm sure you know that if you buy a big ticket item with your bank card, i.e. anything costing £100.00 and over, and the retailer goes bust then you've lost your money.  However, a credit card user in the same situation will get their money back.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Even if I paid with  a debit card?

Yes chargeback clause under visa Santander are dealing with mine 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Finally some progress........my stick has arrived at Royal Mail, or so the tracker says. 

Lets see what tomorrow brings