Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv box 4k hdr needed

Hi All,

What do I look for when buying the new

( Now TV smart 4k HDR 60p box ) been on ebay.

but not sure if what I'm looking at is the new version.

There is no reference to weather it has HDR or 60p,

except ( John Lewis ) and they are out of stock.

Does anyone know of a seller selling the hdr version.

Thanks for any help.

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

There is only one version of the NowTV 4K box with the pink NowTV logo on the top casing of the box.

The boxes are starting to get harder to get hold off nowadays where NowTV stopped selling them on their website.

Haven't looked around for a while for prices, though they do fluctuate up and down (more up nowdays) where a good price would be around £25 with the bundled vouchers.

Last time i checked B&M stores was one of the best deals i could find at £25.

With regards to HDR, my understanding is that Netflix, YouTube and BBC iPlayer offer HDR on the 4K NowTV boxes (subscription or content permitted).

The 4K NowTV box also offers Auto Frame Rate adjust, though for me the Netflix App since recent software updates is locked at 60fps which is annoying where previously movies played back at 24fps.

YouTube, NowTV, BBC iPlayer Apps still work fine for me using the Auto Frame Rate feature.

Screenshot_2020-05-13-16-16-33.png

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Another consideration if you are not thinking of using an Ethernet connection would be the Roku Stick Plus which is slightly more costly which offers HDR and Auto Frame Adjust feature.

Or perhaps the new Roku Premier 4K HDR mini streaming box if you don't want voice search or Ethernet option which you can pick up for around £30 in the sales (though i am not one hundred percent sure if the Roku Premier 4K HDR  offers the Auto Frame Rate feature where perhaps somebody who owns one can confirm accordingly).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Schnapps,

Thanks for quick reply schnapps.

I'm upgrading to boost (£3) to try the 5.1 sound.

Just love the Now TV box

Tried Netflix a few years back, but

could not zoom to full screen with Netflix's.

My LG 75" has Cinema zoom were by you don't

loose any picture width.

Thanks again for the extra choices I could use.

Will look into them.

Thanks BF.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I am totally the opposite where watching movies i much prefer the top & bottom letter box black bars.

For movies i tend to watch on my 16.9 projector screen, though i would love to watch movies on a 21.9 projector screen with electronic adjustable masking for 16.9 content and a projector with an anamorphic memory lens feature (in my dreams 😁).

BTW - The Roku Players mentioned also supports the HD NowTV Boost Pass with 5.1 surround sound.