cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv and broadband

So I have recently signed up to now tv and broadband. 

I assumed I would get a box that connects to the tv along with the broadband. 

I have the broadband box but not been given a box that I can connect to the tv so I can watch it on my tv and not my phone! I have paid for a kids pass for my child to watch on the tv. 

I cant find a contact number for nowtv. What do I do? Do I have to pay separately for a box to connect it to my tv. Maybe I’m being stupid but I’m now a single mum on my own and have no idea how this works. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The NowTV Broadband deals don't come supplied with a NowTV streaming box or stick where you need to provide them yourself or purchase them separately.

With NowTV Broadband the only hardware you get is the Hub Router. 

See if you own any suitable supported devices from the link below (click the green down arrows next to the different categories to expand the on screen information).

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now-tv 

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The NowTV Broadband deals don't come supplied with a NowTV streaming box or stick where you need to provide them yourself or purchase them separately.

With NowTV Broadband the only hardware you get is the Hub Router. 

See if you own any suitable supported devices from the link below (click the green down arrows next to the different categories to expand the on screen information).

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now-tv 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you so much. Il have a look now. 

Thanks again

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you don't own a supported playback device to connect to your television, then the nowtv stick would be the cheapest option in terms of hardware (assuming your television has a spare HDMI port).

If you just want the stick only then the nowtv website would be the cheapest option that i can find at the moment where it is £15 (expect a 3 to 5 day delivery period).

I don't know if you live close to a B&M Store where they offer a NowTV stick bundled with 3 months Kids Pass which you can add to your existing account for £20 (obviously stock levels will very from Store to Store)

https://www.bmstores.co.uk/products/now-tv-smart-stick-with-hd-and-voice-search-and-3-months-kids-pass-3432083 

If you can wait until the end of this month, then usually on Black Friday there is some cracking nowtv deals floating about for the stick with a bundled pass (well there was on previous Black Friday Sales from both the NowTV website and various Shops and online Retailers).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you so much

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hayley, thank you for posting, I am as confused as you! NOWTV do not make it clear at all that the TV stick/box is not included with the broadband! I'm glad I found your post and answer to explain it! 

Just found this. 

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and-home-entertainment/digital-and-smart-tv/set-top-boxes/smart-box...

Off to get one now! 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Funny how nobody thinks they are going to get a free Sky Q box if they sign up to Sky Broadband. Or perhaps they do.... 😛

But NowTV Broadband, like Sky Broadband, is a whole ‘nother thing from the content service.

And many people have a way to get the NowTV service without buying a Stick or a box - Samsung and LG TVs, gaming boxes, computers and so on.

But that’s a stonkingly good deal Curry’s have got on - enjoy!

(Just note, by the way, that all the passes, except the Sports one, will start running when you install the box - so be sure to dive onto your Account and cancel any that you might not want to renew, chargeably, in a month’s time, from month to month.

They will all run for the first month anyway - Cancel cancels renewals really, not the running pass. During which, if you decide you want to keep one or more of the passes running chargeably - and I hope you do - just go in and unCancel the one(s) you want).

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

i have the same issue.  im coming from sky,. to now tv.  

i signed up and made to "pay for sky cimema" upfront (£4.99),when its ment to be my package deal., and i cant watch it, my broadband and tv goes live tuesday (, and only now tv hub,revamped sky hub arrived),no not tv box. the "now tv and braodband deal and site, made it sound like a box would be sent(as it was a tv deal and well as broadband). . so now im going to be charged for "tv." which i CANT USE,   i need my "box,or stick, or what ever it is you send, ment to send

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Have a read of my post in this linked thread below, why you haven't been sent a streaming stick or box with your NowTV Broadband & Phone package.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Smart-Box/TV-Box/m-p/523079#M7537 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

im hoping to get a now tv box in a few days , luckily i can watch it on my husbands pc.

my tv and broadband went live officially yesterday (monday 13th july), but when someone calls me , on home phone i now dont have "caller id", which i had with SKY, and "now tv" claims it is available for free on their services,how  can i get it activated?, as i need it ..