Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv Hub 2 and an ethernet switch

Hello there

Wonder if someone can help

I have the nowtv hub 2 and have installed a network switch 5 port. I have tries tp-links ones and now a netgear and all do not allow internet. They are ment to be plug n play, Im sure its a clash with IP address or something, so tried the netgear but still no joy. Is there something i need to do with the router logged in? Or  would I need a Managed ethernet switch so I can configure it. 

Thanks for your help

Si

3 REPLIES 3
Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User The thing about unmanaged ethernet hubs is that they are invisible to the network. I’ve got a number of ethernet hubs on my network, some feeding into others,  and they all just work. The only thing I can think of, is that your ethernet hub isn’t getting any power. Either that or it’s fussy about which is the “upstream” port. Or requires an ethernet cable that isn’t a standard patch cable. Something that used to be common years ago.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello, ive sorted it! I had a rj45 tester i had a while ago so tested all my cables, and the main one wasmt working correctly, threw me off as it worked fone directly connected to a device but whem going i to the switch it didnt work properly, ive now switched it out and works a charm.

Simon

Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User There you go then, it’s always the last thing you think of checking - which is often the cheapest to replace. Perhaps it was working before because the device it was connected to didn’t need a fully wired cable (assuming the cable didn’t have all 8 wires connected).