cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now to box on standby?

Can I put my now to box in standby mode? There is no power button on the remote and no on/off button on the side. So it's either leave it running all the time or turn it off at the power point all the time. What does everyone else do?
20 REPLIES 20
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

I wish my Stick grabbed the input, but it hasn’t got CEC, so it can’t.

You can get your Home page back easily enough by just using the Source control on your remote.

And stop the behaviour, if you want, by turning off the CEC on the box, or on the TV.

Or if this is a Panasonic TV with input detection, by using an HDMI port other than the first one. Or it used to work like that, anyway.

But none of this has anything to do with the device not being able to be put to sleep, but spending a few minutes longer being fully awake until this happens.

And the planet isn’t going anywhere, and doesn’t care if it’s a hot dry dusty place or a freezing cold ice skating rink, though the curious, delicate, self-organising algae that live on its surface keep going on about saving the planet when they actually mean keeping it amenable to the algae.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.