cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV reboots attempting to watch a paid from the Sky Store

I have recently purchased a Now TV box black and have redeemed the free voucher code to view a film from the sky store.   I am able to succeessfully sign in and view the film in My Library. When i select to view about 30 seconds later my box phsically reboots and goes back to the NowTV screen. 

I have tried 

• Turning it off and on 
  • Using the reset button on the back of the Nowtv box

My internet connection is stable as i can watch any film from my NOWTv movie subscription

The guys in the Sky store sent me here so please don't send me back to them.

Any help greatly appreciated.

8 REPLIES 8
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. Not heard of that issue before, although you say you've tried using the reset hole at the back I'd still try a factory reset again. You'll find the option under Settings > System > Advanced System Settings > Factory Reset (and then enter the code shown on screen to confirm)
You'll need to enter your wifi and NOW TV account details again so have these to hand.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks, Andy,

I've done a complete factory reset from 'Advanced settings' and the problem still persists, in that i can't watch the film i've purchased (albeit via a voucher code for my new Now TV Box).

In terms of trouble shooting my now tv account works on both the Now Tv box and my mobile for anthing outside of the sky store.    I haven't tried watching the downloads for sky store on any other device as they are not avaiable via the mobile device. 

Any help greatly appreciated.

Regards

Will

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Just done a quick test on my box and my Sky Store purchases seem to play fine. There have been a few rare instances of errors in NOW TV content causing the box to reboot, which were solved by NOW TV correcting the content file, but there's no way for us customers to know if it's a similar issue here or not.

The Sky Store app on the box is pinned and cannot be removed, but a factory reset would have redoenloaded that already so that's one thing ticked off the list.

I'd suggest trying a few different things hoping that one will get to the bottom of it.

1.  Try forced software update on the box.

Press Home on the remote to take you to the home screen. Then do the following sequence on your remote quickly and smoothly
Home (x5) FF (x3) REW (x2)

If done correctly a Secret Screen will appear (if it doesn't, press Home to go back to the start and then try again). Choose Update software and allow it to run (even if it reports the same version as you already have).

See if you can watch now.

2. Post back and let us know what film you purchased. Slim chance but if someone else in the forum has bought the same film they can check it's working correctly on their box.

3. Send the NOW TV Team a message explaining the issue, it will probably get you a quicker response than waiting for a NOW TV Team member to pick up your thread.You can send the NOW TV Team a message from the Contact Us page

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch

(expand the Anything Else section to get the button)

4. Try posting the issue on the Sky Store section of the Sky Forum as well, with a bit of luck members on there may have a suggestion. Also suggest that occasionally corrupt files have caused NOW TV boxes to reboot and could the Sky Store team check there's nothing wrong with the content file at their end.

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Store/bd-p/sky-store

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the support i've tried the steps above with no success. 

The film i'm trying to view is the 'The Mummy'  and i purchased this with the free voucher code i got with the NowTV box.  

I also have Ice Age 4, which i purchased several months ago and this plays fine. 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Funnily enough I have The Mummy (2017) purchased in Sky Store so I've played the first 5-10 mins on NOW TV Box and it's working fine for me which suggests it's probably not an issue with the Sky Store asset file.

Can't think why your box is rebooting but I'm not going to waste your time with any more 'fiddling about' suggestions, I don't think I'm going to be able to help you anymore, all I can suggest is if you haven't already use the Send a Message suggestion to drop NOW TV a line and see what they come up with.

Hope you get sorted.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having the same problem trying to watch Home Alone; we get as far as the Fox intro, screen goes blank and it reboots. Very annoying indeed.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just tried another film (National Lpoons Christmas Vacation) and it seems to work fine. Odd.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry, Lampoons