cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV not working getting a blue screen

My Now Box usually workes fine-had it nearly a year and have current passes which are fine. Tonight it stopped working and I'm getting a blue screen.

I've tried turning it off at the plug but no joy. I've read that I need to close the app and re-start it but how?

Help! (please)

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Best off doing a box reset depending on which box you have the reset button or pin hole is on the underside of it resets normally fix most things with the boxes.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Doesnt work with mine

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Is the television screen totally blue or blank ?

Or is there any message on your television screen ?

Are you using a HDMI switch on your setup, instead of plugging your nowtv device directly into the television HDMI input port ?

If none of my other suggestions work, have you got another TV in the home to test the NowTV box or Stick on ? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Screen blue. It says no signal. There's a cable from the now box to the tv
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I am assuming you have pressed your TV remote controller AV input / source button to flick through all your HDMi input sources (just in case you are on the wrong HDMI input source number connected to your box) ?

Apart from that, if none of my other suggestions helps, then i am out of ideas sorry.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

With both your TV and NowTV box switched off, try the following.

1. Unplug the HDMI cable at both ends, then reconnect the HDMI cable and switch back on TV and box making sure you select the correct HDMI input source on your television.

2. If that doesn't work try a different HDMI Port on your television (make sure both TV and box is switched off when swapping HDMI port.

3.If that fails try a different HDMI cable if you got a spare.

4. Last resort try a factory reset, by leaving both your TV and box switch on (make sure you are on the correct HDMI input source on your TV) and push and hold a pin in the reset hole on the back of the box until the NowTV screen reappears (when you factory reset your box you will have to re enter all your details again from scratch).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The factory reset worked! I really thought I was going to have to buy a new box. Thanks so much for your help. 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Worked perfectly with no need to re-register.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

cannot access service, just showing Now tv symbol moving over the screen