cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV freezing

After reseting and reconnecting to Internet my now TV box prompts a software update. Which it does successfully 100%. Then the screen freezes and can not do anything at all except reset. . Ggrrrrr helpppp
403 REPLIES 403
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Im wondering if anyone can help me please??, we got a new Black Nowtv box 2/3 days ago and all it keeps doing is freezing(wired and wireless connection has been used)...The freezing also happens when we want to come off an app, as well as on the home screen...box has been reset and it hasnt helped, router rebooted etc....any help would be gratefully appreciated, as im now thinking of going back to using the white box...thank you in advance xx@

@Anonymous User

Firstly are you getting the grey blank screen with the light cloud in the middle, like the photo a few posts above your posted message on here, if so there is a bug in the software & NowTV are in the process of resolving it.

Normaly, a power down reboot temporary fixes it for a short while.

Also, have you tried the hard factory reset. by pressing a pin in the reset hole in the back of the box for 30secs ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Schnapps, we get everything you have stated in your message, have already tried the rest, but to no avail....looks like we need to wait for a fix...I do appreciate you replying...many thanks Donna xx

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi Schnapps, we get everything you have stated in your message, have already tried the rest, but to no avail....looks like we need to wait for a fix...I do appreciate you replying...many thanks Donna xx

@Anonymous User

So your screen looks identical to the photos posted on this thread with a blank screen with a lighter cloudy patch in the middle yes / no ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Schnapps, yes it has the grey screen with the lighter cloudy feature in it, then other times it freezes on the apps home page or when we want to click out of an app...so hubby is going to put the white box back in...xx

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi Schnapps, yes it has the grey screen with the lighter cloudy feature in it, then other times it freezes on the apps home page or when we want to click out of an app...so hubby is going to put the white box back in...xx

@Anonymous User

Another quick question, do you switch the NowTV box off at the power mains each night or do you leave the box left on all the time without unplugging it at the mains ?

The box consumes very little amount of power and i would suggest leaving the box powered on at the mains, this might help reducing the number of times that the box locks up.

I had the blank screen clouding issue about 2 weeks ago, but it only happened once for me and since i did the power reboot the black box has been fine so far (touch wood).

Because the box is only 2 or 3 days old maybe take / send it back to the shop where you bought it from and ask for a replacement under the warranty.

Trust me I have owned this newer black box since August last year and imo it is a far superior box to the older white model. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
  • Hi Schnapps, We always switch everything off at the mains on a night time...but since you say to leave plugged in, we shall try that for the next few days and i will get back to you, if thats ok and let you know how its gone....many thanks for all the help you have given me, much appreciated...cheers Donna xx
Anonymous User
Not applicable

My set top box has never worked since I received it. I have to unplug it and re-plug it in every time i want to turn it on. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. As I understand it, the remote should bring the box to life when a button is pressed and the box is on standby? This doesn't work either. Once I have finally got the box to switch on it works fine, until it drops into standby mode, and it all starts again. I have changed the settings to never sleep, but it does whenever it feels like it. Also I cannot turn broadband buddy off, although I have correct pin and the screen confirms this has been done. But certain streaming websites still do not work. I filled in the survey on the nowtv help site and rated everything as 'unacceptable' hoping to prompt a customer service call or email, but I have received nothing as yet. What awful service.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Mr C

It seems you have a faulty box, take it back to the retailer, replace it or get your money back, there really is no point in doing anything else.

UK Bob

PS. Even with the best quality control in the world faulty products will make it into the supply/retail chain.

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User I am guessing that you are a broadband customer if you click this link it gives you contact options. If you are signed in it should include the telephone number. They can help with both issues. http://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/What-is-Broadband-Buddy 

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

it was sent through the post. (late). Even checking my broadband connection with indepedent utilities shows the speed is half of whats advertised.