cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV freezing

After reseting and reconnecting to Internet my now TV box prompts a software update. Which it does successfully 100%. Then the screen freezes and can not do anything at all except reset. . Ggrrrrr helpppp
403 REPLIES 403
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Here we are again - a month or so since it last happened - black screen, with grey cloud-like shape. It seems that it recognises that I'm pressing buttons on the remote as I'm getting the beep sound, but other than that, the box is frozen.

Wondering if a Roku will be similarly affected...?

SPD.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Your problem happened to me three days ago, check out the following thread for the solution:

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Box-black/Bricked-Again-Black-Now-TV-Box/td-p/411587

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy

Cheers,

A couple of pages ago I mentioned that a power cycle sorted it out, but that's not a solution.

I'm old enough to remember computing in the days of the ZX80/81 and Vic 20/C64 🙂

SPD.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Yes, I remember those days too, back then home computers were primitives and some people even had to write there own programs.

You know, I started off by buying a commodore 64, it had a cassette tape drive (an awful temperamental thing) and a house brick of a 5.25 inch disk drive (also awful but not as bad as the tape drive).

But luckily for us, when PCs became affordable, the era of the (dreadful) home computer came to a (thankful) end.

Anyway, catch you later.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Would you be able to unplug your NOW TV Box for 10 min's and then power it back up again for me ?

Our tech team want to see if this does anything different to the start up.

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Many thanks for your response. I have sorted it out and everything is working ok 😊
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi,

I was looking for an update on the issue mentioned in gregan's post on Apr 9th?

Thanks
Guy
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have had this issue with both my black nowtv boxes. Disconnecting the power and waiting a moment or two and then reconnecting the power cord fixed it for me.

Edit: I should of pointed out that this has happened only the once for me so far, on both boxes on the same day.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I just had this happen again on my Now TV v2 box. Pressed the home button to bring the box out of standby and nothing, blank screen with a cloud in the middle.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

As always disconnecting the box from the mains for 30 seconds resolved the issue.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Im wondering if anyone can help me please??, we got a new Black Nowtv box 2/3 days ago and all it keeps doing is freezing(wired and wireless connection has been used)...The freezing also happens when we want to come off an app, as well as on the home screen...box has been reset and it hasnt helped, router rebooted etc....any help would be gratefully appreciated, as im now thinking of going back to using the white box...thank you in advance xx