cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV freezing

After reseting and reconnecting to Internet my now TV box prompts a software update. Which it does successfully 100%. Then the screen freezes and can not do anything at all except reset. . Ggrrrrr helpppp
403 REPLIES 403
Anonymous User
Not applicable
This hasn't been solved! Pressed it by accident!
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Can this page help? 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/Buffering-All-devices

If not, click contact us at the bottom of it. A live chat member may be able to give you further help. 🙂

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

If you haven't done-so already it's good practice to re-boot your router (and ethernet switches) every now and again, as it often helps resolve desynchronising (data packet) errors, clears RAM build-up errors and even static build-up that can cause 'switching' errors!

The standard practice is to disconnect the devices power for around 30 seconds before reconnecting Smiley Wink

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Perfect Solution.  After be driven crazy by the freezing Now TV and in desperation. 
I researched a number of sites/forums on TV freezing etc. Including Sony top range tv’s having freeze problem. And a German TV site where freezing discussion.  Although these forums were not related to the Now TV box or stick the theory applied. I found that technical advice given is that the freezing occurs during the split second switch over from our TV sets to the Now TV platform. This causes a ‘jamming’ in the system during the split second switch over to Wi Fi and this also occurs in reverse switching from Now TV to  ordinary TV.  The advice was also to briefly turn off internet on phones iPads computers when you make switch over as follows:  This is how I solved this nightmare. I have the stick. I take it out of tv at night. Leave it cool. When I wish to use Now TV I switch tv to HDMI put Now TV stick in connection.  Having done this it switches back and forth between terrestrial TV and Now TV with no problem. I hope this isn’t confusing but helpful