cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Now TV freezing

Hi it's a white nowtv box. No issues with any other device.
0 Thanks
Terry4
Advocate

After watching any episode of a series, whethere I go back to series menu, or click on next episode, the box freezes. I either have to unplug and then go back in, or I found I can click on sky store, while it loading, can press Nowtv button and go back to watchlist. Annoying.
0 Thanks
SeeMoreDigital Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Terry4,

Out of interest... What model of NOW TV playback device do you have [ie: a NOW TV 'black' box, a NOW TV 'white' box or a NOW TV 'Smart' box]?

• TV 1: LG 65UH770V | Software: v05.30.65 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 • TV 2: LG 43UH668V | Software: v05.50.55 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 • All TV's: NOW TV app v4.7.25 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • ISP: Virgin Media@100Mbps | WIRED NETWORK: 1Gbps | NAS: Synology DS212+ •
0 Thanks
Cezzacezza
Mentor

New Black Roku box constantly freezing!

Hi

I've had Now TV for years now, hardly any issues at all until I've just upgraded my white box to black

Activated a sports pass tonight, and the match is constantly jumping and freezing. Not impressed.

Any ideas?

Thanks

0 Thanks
caseyb1993 Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: New Black Roku box constantly freezing!

@Cezzacezza Try using a wired connection (if the box is close to the router) if you haven't. 🙂

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
0 Thanks
Cezzacezza
Mentor

Thanks, router no where near tv, wifi never been a problem before.
0 Thanks
Cezzacezza
Mentor

This hasn't been solved! Pressed it by accident!
0 Thanks
caseyb1993 Legend 5
Legend 5

@Cezzacezza Can this page help? 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/Buffering-All-devices

If not, click contact us at the bottom of it. A live chat member may be able to give you further help. 🙂

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
SeeMoreDigital Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Cezzacezza,

If you haven't done-so already it's good practice to re-boot your router (and ethernet switches) every now and again, as it often helps resolve desynchronising (data packet) errors, clears RAM build-up errors and even static build-up that can cause 'switching' errors!

The standard practice is to disconnect the devices power for around 30 seconds before reconnecting Smiley Wink

Cheers

• TV 1: LG 65UH770V | Software: v05.30.65 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 • TV 2: LG 43UH668V | Software: v05.50.55 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 • All TV's: NOW TV app v4.7.25 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • ISP: Virgin Media@100Mbps | WIRED NETWORK: 1Gbps | NAS: Synology DS212+ •
0 Thanks
Terry4
Advocate

Hi, it's a 'Black Box' serial No: ending in 3744.
Have done software update.
Thanks Terry
0 Thanks