Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
spd
Mentor

Re: NOW TV Box not currently working

@ukbobboy

Cheers,

A couple of pages ago I mentioned that a power cycle sorted it out, but that's not a solution.

I'm old enough to remember computing in the days of the ZX80/81 and Vic 20/C64 πŸ™‚

SPD.

0 Thanks
ukbobboy
Champion 2

Re: NOW TV Box not currently working

@spd

Yes, I remember those days too, back then home computers were primitives and some people even had to write there own programs.

You know, I started off by buying a commodore 64, it had a cassette tape drive (an awful temperamental thing) and a house brick of a 5.25 inch disk drive (also awful but not as bad as the tape drive).

But luckily for us, when PCs became affordable, the era of the (dreadful) home computer came to a (thankful) end.

Anyway, catch you later.

UK Bob

0 Thanks
Weebrenny
Mentor

Re: Bricked Again - Black Now TV Box

Does anyone know if now TV are looking at this grey cloud/splodge issue at all? I mean with a view to permanently fixing it rather than just have users reboot their boxes when it happens?

I replaced three white boxes with black ones a year or so ago and regularly experience the stuck on a grey cloud issue. Okay it's not a huge problem as you just need to enter the particular button combination on the remote to solve it but it is annoying and something clearly isn't working the way it should. I can't recommend now TV to anyone any more because my only experience of the black boxes is that they have a glitch of some sort which means they need rebooted more often than not before you use them.

Tags (2)
0 Thanks
ukbobboy
Champion 2

Re: Bricked Again - Black Now TV Box

@SeeMoreDigital

Hi SMD

I've taken your advice and ordered a Now TV Smart box from Argos (at Β£25.00).

Cheers

UK Bob

0 Thanks
Cropstar
Advocate

Black now TV box freezing

Hi there

My Now TV box keeps freezing when I press play on any show/episode.  I have to unplug and restart every time.  The box has been replaced but the same thing is happening.  My interent connection is fine, I have changed the HDMI cables, done a hard reset and it is still doing it.  Any ideas? 

Thanks

0 Thanks
Gazza123
Advocate

Re: Now TV freezing

Has anyone' had to return box to tesco for replacement and how did you get on I've had my box 6 months and haxz a fault now TV have told me to return it to tescos 

0 Thanks
SeeMoreDigital Legend 5
Legend 5

@Gazza123 wrote:

Has anyone' had to return box to tesco for replacement and how did you get on I've had my box 6 months and haxz a fault now TV have told me to return it to tescos 

Hi @Gazza123,

Out of interest... What model of NOW TV playback device do you have [ie: a NOW TV 'black' box, a NOW TV 'white' box or a NOW TV 'Smart' box]?

β€’ TV 1: LG 65UH770V | Software: v05.30.65 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 β€’ TV 2: LG 43UH668V | Software: v05.50.55 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 β€’ All TV's: NOW TV app v4.7.25 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  β€’ ISP: Virgin Media@100Mbps | WIRED NETWORK: 1Gbps | NAS: Synology DS212+ β€’
0 Thanks
Eddie-M
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Re: Black now TV box freezing

Hi @Cropstar

The next thing to do is force a software update which most likely will fix this for you if you follow the below this will tell you how to do it.

• Start by pressing your NOW TV remote control buttons in this order:

Home x5
Fast Forward x3
Rewind x2

• Select the Update Software option that appears on screen.
  • Press OK, even if you already have the latest version. 

Thanks

Eddie

0 Thanks

Mine is freezing all the time now too. I had no problems whatsoever while my broadband was with BT now Ive changed to Sky. I don't think it is a connection issue but a problem with update 7. I have to switch off after every programme. Have done all the problem solving as above.
0 Thanks
NOW TV Team Aaron-R
NOW TV Team

@chanceencounter wrote:
Mine is freezing all the time now too. I had no problems whatsoever while my broadband was with BT now Ive changed to Sky. I don't think it is a connection issue but a problem with update 7. I have to switch off after every programme. Have done all the problem solving as above.

@chanceencounter

Hi Mandy 

Welcome to the forum

What device are you having these issues on and are you having the issue on more than one device

Thanks

Aaron

0 Thanks