cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV freezing

After reseting and reconnecting to Internet my now TV box prompts a software update. Which it does successfully 100%. Then the screen freezes and can not do anything at all except reset. . Ggrrrrr helpppp
403 REPLIES 403
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I dont switch my router off, just the nowtv box.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
  • Mine freezes when I have it on full 1080 hd it also flickers every few minutes as well 
  • when I put picture back to 720 it works fine 
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
  • Mine freezes when I have it on full 1080 hd it also flickers every few minutes as well 
  • when I put picture back to 720 it works fine 

Hi @Anonymous User,

Depending on the make/model and age of your television this can happen. Indeed, most 'HD Ready' televisions support a maximum resolution of 1080i not 1080p

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch with us. 

I'm glad to hear that the box is working okay in 720p. 

NOW TV outputs in 720p only so this should be the best setting for you.

If you need any further help please don't hesitate to let us know 🙂

Thanks

Rob

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

ive dug out my other now tv box the white one and this works ok, so until they sort out the software issue im not using the black one.

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for posting.

Can I ask you to follow these steps which should reinstall the current firmware update for you? 

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

thank you simon

will try this and test it for a few days to see if there is any problems

thx

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My box freezes whenever it gets to TV Guide and won't move. I've tried resetting it to factory settings, taking out the mains & HDMI cables and nothing works. I've been online to Live Chat and they are next to useless. The box was sent to me by SKY TV as a trial for the new black box.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Are you currently on a trial for our Smart Box ?

If so please report this via the fault form and please refrain from discussing this in a public forum.

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable
No. It was sent to me last year. I’ve tried discussing this with NOW TV live chat and have got nowhere.