cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV freezing

After reseting and reconnecting to Internet my now TV box prompts a software update. Which it does successfully 100%. Then the screen freezes and can not do anything at all except reset. . Ggrrrrr helpppp
403 REPLIES 403
Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi,

for the last few days my black box keeps freezing when it comes out of screen saver

it freezes on grey screen

when i unplug  and plug in again it works again

very very annoying

i've tried everyhing on forums without avail

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

You may have tried these things already, but this is what i would try if i was in your postion.

• A forced software update, on your box go to Settings > System > System update > Check now.
  • After doing the forced update, reboot the box and then set the screen saver to 1 min to test.
  • If no joy, i would try a factory reset by pushing a pin for 30 seconds in the reset hole on the back of the box (make sure you know your wifi password, NowTV username & password before carrying out a factory reset).
  • Re test screen saver again.
  • If still no luck, i personally would try a different HDMI cable if you got one spare (even though i don't think this is the problem, but there is no harm in checking the HDMI cable if you got one available in the house, HDMI does weird things to electronic equipment with regards to picture & sound).
  • Re test screen saver.
  • If the issue is still there, have you got another TV in the house to do a quick temporary test on the NowTV box to prove that the screen saver issue is still there on the box with a different TV (i know it might be hassle but it's worth testing for elimination purposes). 
  • Final suggestion disable screen saver in the box settings menu or look at a replacement box under warranty.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have you been using YouTube or the iPlayer by any chance?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I have had my now tv box less than a month and the screen is not responding to the commands on the remote. I have tried new batteries in the remote and still nothing.

Any advice, it was working fine only yesterday.

Kind regards,

Emma

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi,

I have had my now tv box less than a month and the screen is not responding to the commands on the remote. I have tried new batteries in the remote and still nothing.

Any advice, it was working fine only yesterday.

Kind regards,

Emma

Hi @Anonymous User 

pull the power cable out the back of the box and put the cable back in again after 10 seconds.

Hope that helpsSmiley Happy

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

Thank you for responding but that's not working either. I think the remote might be a dud.

Emma

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Does the white light on the front of the box flash each time you press any key on the remote controller ?

Also you could try a factory hard reset, see link below.

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Hard-Reset-NOW-TV-Box

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Depending on where your box is positioned the remote can struggle to get a command to the box's IR sensor which is positioned right on the right hand as you look at it. Try going up real close to the box and pointing the remote straight at it to see if it responds. If it does then try turning the box clockwise about 45 degrees to help you get a good line of sight from further away.

If the box doesn't respond at all, just try what was suggested before, ie power it down for a good minute or two to make sure it's the box itself which hasn't frozen up (which is the most likely suggestion).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

I'm sorry to hear you're having remote woes. Have any of the suggestions from @Andy @schnapps @commanda6 helped?

If you have a Smart Phone, could you try downloading the Roku app - this can be used as a remote. If this doesn't work it could be an issue with the box.

Please let us know 🙂

Thanks

Rob

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having similar problems. For the last two days my two month old Now tv box has been not been responding to the remote after being on for 10 minutes or so. I have to unplug for it to work again, which it does, for about 10 minutes again. I’ve now done a factory reset to try to fix this and now I cannot re-enter my details as it freezes again after just a couple of minutes.

What else can I try?