cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
le31
Advocate

Now TV freezing

After reseting and reconnecting to Internet my now TV box prompts a software update. Which it does successfully 100%. Then the screen freezes and can not do anything at all except reset. . Ggrrrrr helpppp
0 Thanks
402 Replies
Ranj-S
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Re: Now TV freezing

Hi @le31

Thank you for getting in touch, very sorry to hear this. Can you try these steps please and see how you get on. Also try a hard reset is this does not resolve the issue.

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team 

0 Thanks
Radiotimbo
Advocate

Hello everyone

Can  anyone help?

Recently purchased a new  black box. Worked ok for 10 days but now freezes after about 5 minutes. 

Powering off clears problem.  Hard reset done but problem stil occurs.  Help please.

0 Thanks
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Radiotimbo,

Thanks for posting.

Please try the steps here.

If this is unsuccessful you might want to return the box and have it replaced - if you bought it from a shop you can return it and it will be subject to their returns policy otherwise it you bought it from us you can use the form here.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

0 Thanks
DHewson72
Mentor

Please help.

So a while back we started having problems with our White NowTV box, with whatever we were watching would just freeze with the loading/buffering circles on screen.

After we rebooted the router it worked again but only for around 2 - 4 mins, this became a huge problem because my Wife ( who pays for NowTV ) was saying to just cancel it as everything in the house can connect without any problems ( PS4, Xbox One, Xbox 360, 2 x Tablets, 2 x Kindles and 3 Phones ), So I talked my misses into getting the new Black NowTV box which came today, setup with no problems other than going into the settings again to disable pings.

But now I have a bigger problem, I cannot use the Black NowTV box as all my slots are taken up, I have removed an Android device which was connected, but still cannot connect the New box until later tomorrow.

Now this may seem trivial but if there is any chance we could have a slot made available today that would mean the world as the misses has been trying to watch The Avengers for 4 or 5 nights without any luck as the box keeps freezing, and we have tried all remedies to fix the problem, I even put a seperate channel in the router just for the NowTV box, as we would not be ab le to watch anything on NowTV until tomorrow, and I feel the misses might just might cancel both subs as it came close and when I say close I mean as in logging in the other night to cancel them before I talked her into the Black Box.

Thanks in advance Daz.

0 Thanks
Ruth-O
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Re: Please help.

Hi @DHewson72

Thanks for your post.

Please look out for am email as I will be sending you one shortly. 

Thank you.

Ruth

NOW TV Team

0 Thanks
DHewson72
Mentor

Re: Please help.

Hi Ruth-O.

Thanks for the reply and the help, I also spoke to the live chat that cleared my list for me so we could use the new NowTV box.

Thanks again for all the help, talking my parents into grabbing your new Box it's a massive improvement on the old White Box.

0 Thanks
biff2014
Scholar

box keep freezing

since now tv changed the software on the black box it keeps freezing and i have to unplug it and restart the box, never had a problem before this update.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Re: box keep freezing

Oh wow, thankyou, you just made my day haha 😛

I have tried reporting this to NowTV for weeks and nobody seems to beleive me! Maybe now that somebody else is reporting it too they might listen!

I have two boxes and after much effort and investigation i discovered they will freeze every time my I.P. address changes, which is assigned by my ISP. for example after the ISP does maintenace or optimazations on the network or if you unplug the router. This also started happening to me immediatly (on the exact day) after my boxes got the new software update.

Out of interest who is your ISP and are you on fibre connection or a standard telephone line?

Thread regarding this:

Link

0 Thanks
biff2014
Scholar

Re: box keep freezing

my isp is virgin media and my broadband works ok. i have other devices which run ok on it.

tested these devices

fire stick is ok

android box is ok

satellite reciever works ok

the now tv box with the new menu layout  was the last update and since they did this my box is screwed up freezes constantly and i have to reboot it.