cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV freezing

After reseting and reconnecting to Internet my now TV box prompts a software update. Which it does successfully 100%. Then the screen freezes and can not do anything at all except reset. . Ggrrrrr helpppp
403 REPLIES 403
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Dumping the core ? How does that help ?

this has been very poor since new update are they any closer to fixing ?

keeps freezing to nowtv page with animation 

I'm with TT and I know it's not a static IP but everything else I have works fine ....BBC iplayer is slow

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Anonymous User to me it appears that the homescreen app has crashed and the box can't do anything as the normal method of dealing with an error is to escape to the homescreen. Pressing Home x5, Up, Rewind x2, Fast Forward x2 gets the box up and running again by dumping the core.

hardly works at all since the June update please help 

ukbobboy
Legend

@schnapps

Hi S.

You don't know this but the white boxes have not had their O/S updated since June/July last year and as such do not suffer from the grey screen problem afflicting the black boxes. 

Personally, I don't believe in updating for updating sake, so if a new incarnation is going to introduce bugs that will have to be fixed then please leave my old O/S alone, i.e. if it ain't broke don't fix it.

UK Bob

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy wrote:

@schnapps

Hi S.

You don't know this but the white boxes have not had their O/S updated since June/July last year and as such do not suffer from the grey screen problem afflicting the black boxes. 

Personally, I don't believe in updating for updating sake, so if a new incarnation is going to introduce bugs that will have to be fixed then please leave my old O/S alone, i.e. if it ain't broke don't fix it.

UK Bob

@ukbobboy

I thought the white boxes started having the new home screen software updated with the recommendation & catch up info etc in the last few weeks ?

Or is it just the black boxes for now, with the white boxes updated software being rolled out shortly / later ?

ukbobboy
Legend

@schnapps

Well S.

You are right, the Now TV screen has changed, so I presume the app itself has been updated, but the actual O/S itself has not changed since last year.

However, I have noticed that the white box has been checking for updates a number of times over the past week or two, I can only guess that an update's coming but is just not ready yet.

UK Bob 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @ukbobboy@Anonymous User@schnapps@Anonymous User@Anonymous User

Can anyone point us in the direction of a screenshot of this black/grey cloud screen ?

Cheers

Andy

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

It's the same as the background on the NOW TV box homescreen itself, although without any app icons - the black background with the dark grey 'cloud' emanating from the middle. If Karl is around I PMed him some info on the problems I was having and a list of forum posts that seemed to be suffering the same (or if you want I can PM them to you as well).

For me, it only happens on power up (on a box that gets powered down between uses - after the laughing mouth and before the main homescreen loads) or on a box that is powered up all the time it happens on waking up from 'sleep' - so I'm guessing it's happening when it's trying to make/re-establish the network connection.

It's only happened once on the 'always on' box, but it's become quite a regular occurence on the 'powered down' box.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey @Andy

If you could send me a PM with some links that would be great 🙂

Cheers

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User I've not got one, but just imagine the home screen with nothing on it except the background.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi @ukbobboy@Anonymous User@schnapps@Anonymous User@Anonymous User

Can anyone point us in the direction of a screenshot of this black/grey cloud screen ?

Cheers

Andy

@Anonymous User

So far i have only had this issue once on Saturday morning, which i rebooted the box on the mains power to reslove.

In hindsight maybe i should have taken a screen shot for your Engineers to investigate further.

Unfortunately, unless the issue reappears on my box, i have no way to send you screen shot of the fault.

The screen was totally blank greyish in colour with like a lighter cloud effect towards the middle of the screen.

Sorry i can't be of any more help.

However, if the fault does reappear, then i will take a photo and PM you.

Edit - Just for reference my box is left permanently on at the mains and only goes into sleep mode.