cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV freezing

After reseting and reconnecting to Internet my now TV box prompts a software update. Which it does successfully 100%. Then the screen freezes and can not do anything at all except reset. . Ggrrrrr helpppp
403 REPLIES 403
Anonymous User
Not applicable

My box is working again now. As I complained about the speed Sky normally takes to fix things I would like to say thank you for the speedy fix.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My box is still frozen after a hard reset
Anonymous User
Not applicable

My now box has frozen and despite trying everything as per instruction it will not respond. It is only 2 weeks old.

ukbobboy
Legend

Dear Forum Members

As I write this post my black box is reloading all it's apps after I had to do a reset and re-enter all my registration details.

My problem started yesterday afternoon when my box failed to respond to any command sent by my remote control, it started to move then just froze. I remove the plug for about 30 seconds and then tried again.  I moved away from the "home" screen, moved back then the box froze again,  I then left it alone and went to sleep.

At about 1.30am this morning I tried again and got the same results, this time I unplugged the box for several hours to let it cool down, I had noticed it was warm when I touched it. The box failed again then I managed to find something thin and small enough to reach the reset button and reset the box.

Now, just after 8.00am, the box has loaded all it apps and has frozen again on the "home" screen.

I'm not going to mess about anymore, I going to contact Amazon for a replacement.

UK Bob

PS. I might buy a second box and keep it as a spare, just in case.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Its a country wide problem I believe
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi J

Yes, I can see that now from all the other posts in this forum but, because I am impatient, I've contacted Amazon and a replacement is arriving tomorrow and my current one will be picked up on Monday.

Anyway, what has happened, how is it possible for the whole country of Now TV boxes to go out all at once?

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

To be honest I think they have pushed an untested software update and its bricked everyones boxes. I hope they compensate everyone for this fault

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Huummmm, unproven , let's not start scaring folks

@Anonymous User wrote:

Huummmm, unproven , let's not start scaring folks

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Service-Status/Issues-Logging-into-NOW-TV-Boxes-19-11-2016/m-p/407501

Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy  hi bobb!!

It seems to be an issue across boxes.  I have it with mine too.  It is not a fault on the box as such.  Waiting on one of the forum team to get in.

@Anonymous User  it is definitely not a planned outage.  No way of telling software version at this time.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.