cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV freezing

After reseting and reconnecting to Internet my now TV box prompts a software update. Which it does successfully 100%. Then the screen freezes and can not do anything at all except reset. . Ggrrrrr helpppp
403 REPLIES 403
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Had same problem

Came to watch Tv this morning. had home screen frozen with the coloured logo on the right.

tried a couple of power restarts no joy,

tried the full reset with pin in back no joy.

tried live chat (closed)

sent email to tech support (still waiting for response)

tried jonsianc's solution of starting the box without internet connection then add connection after it has loaded and boom we have TV!

Thanks matey!

Looks like now tv tech support have added an alert to the forums now

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Service-Status/Issues-Logging-into-NOW-TV-Boxes-19-11-2016/m-p/...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, turning off then turning on the router did it for me

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Same problem for everyone by the looks of things
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here.  Just have the coloured loading symbol (not going round) on my home screen.

This should be in the Service Status page as would save a lot of messing around with rebooting, removing cables, changing box etc etc etc.  Just wasted hour of my time trying all these.

NOT HAPPY!!  KEEP YOUR CUSTOMERS INFORMED!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello people, just been on live chat for some time regarding this issue. Basically, they are saying there is a problem (even though when you check the service status it still says "EVERYTHING LOOKS GOOD". This is what I was told "We are currently facing outage for all NOW TV customers , and we are currently working to rectify the issue." And that is quote!. As for what the problem is, who knows. I was thinking update (like when good old Apple get it wrong) but 2 of my boxes are switched off at the wall when not in use. So fingers crossed that get off their a***s and fix it. I was assured it would be ok for the footie (Arsenal v Man Utd) but I'm not going to hold my breath.

My other issue is if it is an outage problem, why does it still work on iOS and Android devices????

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Why does the Now TVs service say all is ok when obviously all Now TVs boxes are not working. Are their staff still in bed. My white box is also frozen😡
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yep same here this morning 19th November 2016

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Smart box still isn't working despite trying all options. Which we shouldn't have to.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mine still not working.  It's been off for an hour and when i plugged it back.  Same frozen screen.

Do I really have to reset the router.   Will that definitely work? 

Don't want to do it if I don't have to as I am 70 with arthritis and would find it nigh on impossible to pull the furniture out, bend down and reach down to reach my router and put it all back again!