cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV freezing

After reseting and reconnecting to Internet my now TV box prompts a software update. Which it does successfully 100%. Then the screen freezes and can not do anything at all except reset. . Ggrrrrr helpppp
403 REPLIES 403
Anonymous User
Not applicable
@Anonymous User

Have a look at this thread, there appears to be a solution to the problem (on page 3).

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Box-black/New-quot-TV-Guide-quot/m-p/374480#M4361
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Exactly the same for me. White box worked great for a year. Got the update a couple of months ago, has not worked properly since - keeps freezing. Now unusable, so went out yesterday and bought a black box. This worked great for the first 30 mins - much much faster than the white box, but now today keeps freezing. Unusable !!. Any ideas  what can cause this ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I just received my first box last week and it's now just frozen. Been on via live chat, tried resetting, pressing home, fast forward rewind etc. Still no joy. Apparently they've upgraded it to the next level of tech help ans I will receive an email sometime!

in the meantime, no TV... Not impressed with customer service at all.

can anybody out there help at all please?

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

It could well be that you've got yourself a duff box... Which sadly does happen from time-to-time!

Where-ever you purchased your product from I suggest you ask for a replacement 😉

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch with us. I'm sorry to hear that you've been having issues with your NOW TV Box.

I believe you've since been in touch with us via e-mail.

If you need any further help please don't hesitate to get back in touch 🙂

Thanks

Robert 

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the black box in the kitchen, so it only gets used a couple of times a week. Every time I turn it on, it's frozen with the time wrong. I've tried it on 1080p and 720p and it's always the same. Anything I can try or do I have a bad box?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

HI @Anonymous User,

Sorry for the late reply and for the problems you've had with your NOW TV Box.

Can you please let us know what troubleshooting steps you have tried so we can see if there's anything we can suggest?

Thanks,

Rich

The NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I have the same problem. Had nothing but trouble with now TV.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've had my smart now tv box 2 weeks and there was the odd freeze which it sorted out itself but now it has completely frozen.  Unplugging it or resetting it does not work despite numerous attempts.  Trying to find a way to contact sky about it.  HELP!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Most people are having this issue.

I've just been on Live Chat and they are aware of the issue, so hopefully it will get sorted soon.

I've also asked for them to make a post on the forums to make everyone else aware..

Darren