Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Re: box keep freezing

Hi @Sturg147

Thanks for getting in touch with us. 

I'm glad to hear that the box is working okay in 720p. 

NOW TV outputs in 720p only so this should be the best setting for you.

If you need any further help please don't hesitate to let us know 🙂

Thanks

Rob

NOW TV Team

0 Thanks
Highlighted
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Hi @Churchcottage

Thanks for getting in touch with us. I'm sorry to hear that you've been having issues with your NOW TV Box.

I believe you've since been in touch with us via e-mail.

If you need any further help please don't hesitate to get back in touch 🙂

Thanks

Robert 

NOW TV Team

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Mentor

Re: NOW TV Box not currently working

I know that this seems like resurrecting an old thread, but this problem has occurred a couple of times within the last two weeks with my box. Yes, unplugging and replugging the power supply in fixes the problem, but as I've had it happen at least twice, it doesn't seem like a permanent fix.

Is there an acknowledged problem with the current software/firmware?

TIA,

SPD

Highlighted
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Hi @spd

There are no known issues with the software on the NOW TV Boxes.

What exactly is happening to yours ?

Thanks

Andy

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Mentor

Exactly as per the pictures in this thread - a couple of times within the last two weeks or so. Black screen with a greyish 'cloud' but no icons. The box is registering the remote clicks with the default noise but nothing appears on screen.

SPD

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Thanks fpr the advice - our black now box went into grey cloud mode on 3 November too - this solution fixed it

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

Whenever any of the 'apps' freeze on my LG or Panasonic 'smart' televisions, I simply re-boot the television, ie: "I turn it off and on again..."

• TV 1: LG 65UH770V | Software: v05.30.65 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 • TV 2: LG 43UH668V | Software: v05.50.55 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 • All TV's: NOW TV app v4.7.25 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • ISP: Virgin Media@100Mbps | WIRED NETWORK: 1Gbps | NAS: Synology DS212+ •
Highlighted
Advocate

I have the black box in the kitchen, so it only gets used a couple of times a week. Every time I turn it on, it's frozen with the time wrong. I've tried it on 1080p and 720p and it's always the same. Anything I can try or do I have a bad box?

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

My set top box has never worked since I received it. I have to unplug it and re-plug it in every time i want to turn it on. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. As I understand it, the remote should bring the box to life when a button is pressed and the box is on standby? This doesn't work either. Once I have finally got the box to switch on it works fine, until it drops into standby mode, and it all starts again. I have changed the settings to never sleep, but it does whenever it feels like it. Also I cannot turn broadband buddy off, although I have correct pin and the screen confirms this has been done. But certain streaming websites still do not work. I filled in the survey on the nowtv help site and rated everything as 'unacceptable' hoping to prompt a customer service call or email, but I have received nothing as yet. What awful service.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Champion 3

@cptrascal

Mr C

It seems you have a faulty box, take it back to the retailer, replace it or get your money back, there really is no point in doing anything else.

UK Bob

PS. Even with the best quality control in the world faulty products will make it into the supply/retail chain.