cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV freezing

After reseting and reconnecting to Internet my now TV box prompts a software update. Which it does successfully 100%. Then the screen freezes and can not do anything at all except reset. . Ggrrrrr helpppp
403 REPLIES 403
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I've had a black Now Tv box since before Christmas and for some reason I can't access it today.  I dissconected the device yesterday to sort out other wiring and wonder if this might be the problem?  Please help.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum 🙂

At the moment I believe there is an issue with the black NOW TV boxes where it only displays a grey cloud-like shape. Can you see that?

Try disconnecting and reconnecting both the HDMI and the power cables, try to access it again, if still no luck try doing a factory reset.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Many thanks it now works 😄

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks fpr the advice - our black now box went into grey cloud mode on 3 November too - this solution fixed it

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Whenever any of the 'apps' freeze on my LG or Panasonic 'smart' televisions, I simply re-boot the television, ie: "I turn it off and on again..."

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi there,

Do you know when this "bug" will be fixed, as it is occurring on 3 of our black now TV boxes since the new system update in Feb? Powering on and and off only temporarily hides the issue but an update is needed to fix?

Thanks
Guy
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Can you give us some more information on the "bug" that your reporting ?

Thanks

Andy

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User

Can you give us some more information on the "bug" that your reporting ?

Thanks

Andy

@Anonymous User

A few people have reported that when they switched on their black NowTV boxes that they were greeted with a blank screen with a grey colour cloud in the middle of the TV screen.

If you look at some of the posts on the forums from last Friday onwards, a couple of members had this particular issue.

Pressing any button on the remote control did nothing at all (the box had frozen) , the screen would remain blank with this greyish cloud.

The only way to get the box working again was to do a reboot, by switching the box off at the mains and powering the box up again.

It happened to me also on Saturday morning, but since the reboot my box has been fine (maybe i should have taken a photo showing what was displayed on the TV screen).

Not sure if the glitch also effected any of the white NowTV boxes ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks @schnapps

I will send an email over to the team who look after the boxes and see if I can get any more information

Thanks for taking the time to explain what was happening to me.

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User to me it appears that the homescreen app has crashed and the box can't do anything as the normal method of dealing with an error is to escape to the homescreen. Pressing Home x5, Up, Rewind x2, Fast Forward x2 gets the box up and running again by dumping the core.