cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV freezing

After reseting and reconnecting to Internet my now TV box prompts a software update. Which it does successfully 100%. Then the screen freezes and can not do anything at all except reset. . Ggrrrrr helpppp
403 REPLIES 403
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thank you for getting in touch, very sorry to hear this. Can you try these steps please and see how you get on. Also try a hard reset is this does not resolve the issue.

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

HI

Just updated my software and all works okay till the box goes to home screen then locks up no response...

Have tried numerous hard resets even another box and still same problem, is there a software issue with latest update ?

Mick 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Work around - Reboot your box and before the home page displays press nowtv button. Don't let home page load and you should get in

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have been having the same problem....really slow to respond when using the remote. Sounds keeps muting and box is generally freezing. Have unplugged it at wall, taken the power out the box a few times and it keeps happening? Have updated to latest software so don't know what else to do.  Driving me crazy as have to keep powering it off every 20 minutes tonight.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello everyone

Can  anyone help?

Recently purchased a new  black box. Worked ok for 10 days but now freezes after about 5 minutes. 

Powering off clears problem.  Hard reset done but problem stil occurs.  Help please.

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for posting.

Please try the steps here.

If this is unsuccessful you might want to return the box and have it replaced - if you bought it from a shop you can return it and it will be subject to their returns policy otherwise it you bought it from us you can use the form here.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So a while back we started having problems with our White NowTV box, with whatever we were watching would just freeze with the loading/buffering circles on screen.

After we rebooted the router it worked again but only for around 2 - 4 mins, this became a huge problem because my Wife ( who pays for NowTV ) was saying to just cancel it as everything in the house can connect without any problems ( PS4, Xbox One, Xbox 360, 2 x Tablets, 2 x Kindles and 3 Phones ), So I talked my misses into getting the new Black NowTV box which came today, setup with no problems other than going into the settings again to disable pings.

But now I have a bigger problem, I cannot use the Black NowTV box as all my slots are taken up, I have removed an Android device which was connected, but still cannot connect the New box until later tomorrow.

Now this may seem trivial but if there is any chance we could have a slot made available today that would mean the world as the misses has been trying to watch The Avengers for 4 or 5 nights without any luck as the box keeps freezing, and we have tried all remedies to fix the problem, I even put a seperate channel in the router just for the NowTV box, as we would not be ab le to watch anything on NowTV until tomorrow, and I feel the misses might just might cancel both subs as it came close and when I say close I mean as in logging in the other night to cancel them before I talked her into the Black Box.

Thanks in advance Daz.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your post.

Please look out for am email as I will be sending you one shortly. 

Thank you.

Ruth

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Ruth-O.

Thanks for the reply and the help, I also spoke to the live chat that cleared my list for me so we could use the new NowTV box.

Thanks again for all the help, talking my parents into grabbing your new Box it's a massive improvement on the old White Box.