cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV box unresponsive

Hello,
I've got a now tv box, and I cannnot seem to use any remotes with it. I haven't been able to get past the very first menu, select language, when setting up the box. I thought the remote included was faulty, finally managed to get a replacement, and I've got the same issue. I can't navigate the menus to set up or connect to wifi, so the Roku app remote isn't any use either. Any ideas? Thanks!
7 REPLIES 7
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. Unusual situation, when you press buttons on the remote does the white light on the front of the box blink? The black box doesn't have a wide IR field so you need to be pointing pretty much straight on to get it to register. There's also a rare issue with some older TVs emitting IR that interferes with the remote so try moving the box to a different place, eg the other side of and as far away from the TV as you can.

If still no luck try a hard reset by pushing a pin into the reset hole at the back of the box and holding until you see the box restart.

If all that fails it's possible the IR sensor on the box is faulty, it may need to be returned for a replacement,

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cheers for this. There is no reaction from the box, the white light doesnt blink.  I'll give this another go tonight, with the reset.

thanks!

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Can you please confirm the model of your NOW TV playback device?

Is it the NOW TV 'white' (Roku LT) box? Which looks like this: -

white.png

Is it the NOW TV 'black' (4200SK - Roku 3) box? Which looks like this: -

black.jpg

Is it the NOW TV 'smart' (4500SK - NOW TV) box? Which looks like this: -

product-img-smartbox_v4

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's the NOW TV 'black' (4200SK - Roku 3) box
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ive tried all the suggestions, pointing the remote very close to the box, and the reset - still nothing has worked. So Im going to have to get back in touch with customer support. thanks for your help everyone.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Just-so-you-know....

If you've done everything you can to get your device working and you believe you have a faulty product, under UK Consumer Law, your 'first port of call' if there's a problem is with the original vendor/retailer...

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yep, that's Now TV themselves in this instance. Cheers.