cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV box not working

Hi, 

We've been having an issue with our Now TV box. The now TV app wouldn't load and we are unable to watch anything. The Internet connection is OK and we've had no issues before but this has been going on for days now. 

When we click on the now TV app, it's loading and then suddenly closes. Any ideas? Can't get hold of Now TV. 

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

You are not alone.

Have a read of this linked thread below, where a couple of people had some success changing the adaptive bit rate setting in the secret hidden menu on the box. 

Or the other temporary workaround is to avoid the My TV section of the box. 

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Box-black/NowTV-Won-t-Load/m-p/523355 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you, going via the Search function worked! 😊 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Seems to be a big issue.

For now trt this

Do not open the now app or my TV

Instead use the search tab for the program you want and watch from there.

Seems to be the only workaround at the moment.

One day someone at now will read one of the many threads on this and actually fix the issue for us all

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having the same problem.. Selecting now TV on my TV, opening the app then immediately closes and not letting me on to it. My daughter has now TV aswell and she is not having any problems. I can use all other apps on my device with no problems. When I have accessed now TV on my mobile and checked devices, last sign in was 20/04/2020. I have tried all day today to access. Can someone help???

Anonymous User
Not applicable

For now try this

Do not open the now app or my TV

Instead use the search tab for the program you want and watch from there.

Seems to be the only workaround at the moment.

One day someone at now will read one of the many threads on this and actually fix the issue for us all

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I was having the same problem and was advised to use the search facility as a workaround rather than launching the NOW TV app as has also been suggested here. This certainly worked for me. I also found that after having done this the NOW TV app started working again in a limited fashion, i.e. it defaulted to the Entertainment tab and I was able to browse around and select programmes within this tab but if you make the mistake of trying to select the My TV tab within the app, it crashes again.

It is very frustrating that someone at NOW needs to pick up on discussions within the forum rather than being able to raise issues with them directly.